Wednesday, June 07, 2006

BTS Cake and Lies

I think I must be hormonal, because I'm totally craving Better than Sex Cake now (BTS cake for those of you who don't want to say the "s" word!) After writing about it in my last blurb I started thinking about it and salivating! YUM!
My BTS cake is actually one of my good friend's from high school's recipes. It's soooooooo good...and soooooo easy (otherwise, I wouldn't make it.) It's a chocolate one. I've never heard of a BTS cake (before yesterday, that is) that was anything OTHER than chocolate. I'm going to post the recipe here for those of you craving your chocolate fix like me...then we'll all stuff our faces....ready?

Better than Sex Cake (not really, but pretty close)
Step One:
Chocolate cake mix (boxed)
and the ingredients needed to make the cake
Now, make the cake following the instructions on the back of the box. I usually make this in a 13x9 inch pan.
Step Two:
Mix together: one can of sweetened condensed milk
and one bottle of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel sauce (found by the ice cream condiments)
As soon as you pull the cake out of the oven take a butter knife and stab the heck out of the cake...making holes throughout the cake all the way to the bottom of the pan and getting the sides really good. (This is EXCELLENT for getting out angry feelings or frustrations you have without hurting anyone!) Pour the gooey concoction over the top and let seep through the cake for 20 minutes.
Step Three:
one container whip topping
a bag of Skor chips
Mix half the bag of Skor chips in with the whip topping. When cake has seeped enough, layer whipped topping mixture over cake. Sprinkle remainder of Skor chips over the top of whipped cream.

That's it....simple and simply evil!! :) I made this recipe one time at my parent's house and my dad heard the name and came running. He'd never had it before, but he had to see what the commotion was about! Once he ate it he sighed and said it was not quite better, but close enough! It made me laugh!

Funny story of the day:
Yesterday I refused to stay at my house with the heat and NO air conditioning, so I spent time at my mom's house. My parents are gone to Canada for their annual fishing trip and my brothers could fend for themselves, but I decided to "save" them and my own sanity and run to the cool air. We were sitting around and Cam found a toy that launches foam rockets. The parts that launch the rocket are plastic, and earlier he was using the plastic pieces as crutches, complaining that his legs were hurting.
Anyway, this time he was banging them on my mom's hardwood floors. The sound of the plastic hitting the floors reverberated and echoed really badly. It was getting on my nerves, so I told him to stop it. He kept going, so I loudly told him to stop it! The noise stopped.
From where I was sitting I could see Cam behind me holding the offending toy. I had seen him smacking the thing into the floor...I knew it was him...I saw it with my own eyes. As soon as he stopped he said,"I didn't do it."
I sarcastically said, "If it wasn't you, then who was it?"
He then proudly told me that the toy did it all by itself. My younger brother almost choked on his water. Such a blatant lie from such a young one? This isn't the first time he's lied to me, but it's the first time he was proud of it. I had to hold back my own laughter to tell him that lying is unacceptable and that I saw him and knew what was going on. He continued to deny his involvement, but I still giggle over the whole thing.
Do you think this is my punishment for lying so much to my own parents?

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That cake sounds beyond yummy. I think I need to run to the store now!

The story with Cam cracks me up. I think its defenatly some sort of pay back!

Anonymous said...

YUP...The parental curse really does work!!! I bet that when you were lying your parents pronounced upon you the curse of a child just like you! Just make sure that you pass it along...so that Cam will in time get his just reward! ;)

That is my FAVORITE CAKE!

*salive marks here*

CareBearMommy said...

I just gotta make that cake again sometime soon. Man, it sounds good. I don't know if my hubby has ever had it.... but being a guy and all, I'm sure he'd disagree with its name.

And to answer your question.... YES! HA! Serves you right!

Blackeyedsue said...

Probably is your punishment. Did your mom curse you like mine did me?

Our recipe is almost the same. Only we use a chopstick instead of a butter knife and carmel topping instead of butterscotch and we pour the sweetened condensed milk and the carmel on separately. Also, before we put them on, we crush up the skor or heath bars on top of the cake and they melt between the layers. YUM! The nicest part of this cake is that there are NO calories or fat in it! :)

Mama D said...

release frustration... hmmmm. Sounds appealing.