Friday, May 12, 2006

Of Labor and Flooding Toilets

This will be a quicky...I hope! I've been waiting by my phone all night waiting to hear from the parents of the little girl I babysit. The mom is due at the beginning of next month to have a baby boy and they thought she may have gone into labor today. I told them that I would take the munchkin while they were at the hospital...if they need me, and here I wait! I'm so excited for them!
After I talked to them about watching the munchkin, I discovered that my downstairs toilet has a crack down the side of the tank. This is ONE time that I'm grateful that I'm renting and not owning!! They have to replace the WHOLE thing tomorrow! So it should be an eventful day if all goes well! If I don't comment on your blogs...bear with me...I'm just a bit busy! :)

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Wow... that's quite an adventure with a cracked toilet and all. Just make sure you don't accidentally forget about the crack and sit on it.... woops!

I hope all goes well with the labor and delivery. Stuff like that is always exciting, and a little bit worrisome, too.

Anonymous said...

It is at times like this that you CAN be REALLY grateful that you rent! If that happened to us we would either pull out the plastic or go without a second tooilet until we could save the money!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am glad that you don't have to pay to replace the toilet!

Congratulations to your friend! I hope all goes well!