Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day, Mom

On this day before Mothers' Day I just want to list the things that make me LOVE my mom and what I appreciate about her!
  • I love that she has instilled in me and my siblings a sense of who we are and who we can become. Without her I don't think I'd be the same person I am today.
  • I love my mom's sense of humor. She's constantly laughing about something and it makes me happy to hear her enjoying life with her kids and family. She also claims that we got our father's sense of humor, but I think a healthy dose of that came from her!
  • I love my mom's love of her family. She is always showing her family how much she loves and appreciates them by doing things for them without complaint and with a willing heart.
  • I love my mom's laughter! I know I've mentioned before that her laugh is unique and I inherited that same type of laugh, but it always brings a smile to my face to hear her laugh.
  • I love my mom's love of God and her religion. Because of her love for God I've also learned that I can turn to Him in times of need or times of prosperity and He'll be there for me.
  • I love that my mom LOVES kids. She is known all around for her love of kids...she's the sucker-lady in her neighborhood...she takes crying kids to soothe them in church...she makes faces at crying babies in stores...she just loves kids and it shows!
  • I love my mother's example to me of her love for her husband. I had a WONDERFUL example of two people being madly in love and I want the same for me and my family.
  • I love that when I was being a major pain in the butt growing up she always told me that she loved me and that would NEVER change. I was very hateful, but she showed me that I could never change her love for me.
  • I love that my mom is my mom. She has shaped me into the person I am and I know that without her I am nothing. She has given me the values I have, the love I have for others, and the attitude I have for life. There is no one like my mom in the whole wide world and I love her for all that she has done for me.

1 comment:

Diana Mancuso said...

Awww, that is so sweet! You must be so proud to be her daughter.