Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Letter is "V" or "Did I Really Know What I was Asking For??"

Mama D just did a post where she had been given a letter and was asked to put up 10 words that start with that letter and explain why she chose those words. I liked the idea and asked her for a letter...she gave me "V!" (Do I actually have 10 "V" words that I know??! I may need a dictionary for this post!) This might take a while, but here goes nothing!!

Van: We just bought our "dream" car...and it's not a car, it's a van. I don't know what it is about vans that I love, but they're so much fun.

Valentine: My hubby, who sometimes drives me crazy, can also drive me crazy in other ways! I love him sooooooooo much...sometimes I just need the reminder that he is my best friend and soul mate.

Vision: I have very rotten eyesight. I've had to wear glasses since I was in the first grade. Any "four-eyed" comments that have ever been said, I'm SURE I've already heard it! I someday WISH for lasik eye surgery. It seems I've even passed my lousy vision on to my son...he has astigmatism (like me!)

Value: I believe in looking for something in stores that has a great value.(a.k.a. INEXPENSIVE but not CHEAP) I'm not big into shopping for things, but I do love finding things that have a great price and is just what I've never known that I've always needed!

Vent: I'm not one of those people who holds in all of their emotions. I believe whole-heartedly in venting...in proper places, of course. I have a few tried and true places, or people to vent to and, so as not to overwhelm those people or places, I have many venting venues. (This blog being one of the many places I can go and feel complete acceptance of my rants and vents!) I vent most often to my mom, who over the years no longer feels like my mom, but like a really good friend. I love how I can start complaining about something and she picks up on it and helps me get the feelings out, or sometimes, makes me angrier than I was before. Most times after venting I feel better, but sometimes my venting can lead to more vents about venting. (How many times can I use that word in one sentence??)

Voila: A word I learned many, many, many years ago in French class that I NEVER knew actually started with a "v," I always thought it was "wallah!" Silly me!!

Victory: Someday I hope to claim this word in every aspect of my life. From victory over my weight to victory over my infertility problems. This word gives me hope!

Virginia: Actually, when I think of this word I think of two different things. One: this was the state where one of my brothers served his mission. He really grew up while he was there and thanks to him I now know that Virginia is a part of the South! Two: an exchange student that I knew in high school. She was VERY nice and sweet, but she and another exchange student friend would often laugh at my weaknesses and shortcomings. Fun memories.

Virgin: Okay....uh....what can I say about this one?? I have a 5 and a half year old....so......

"VERY": I love using this word (in case you couldn't tell!) It reminds me of a time when I was in school and we had to write in our journals every day. I did NOT like to write, but one day a friend challenged me to write more than her. So in order to fill up the page I wrote about "very" about a hundred times. Looking back at that journal makes me laugh, but to this day I have yet to find a word that I can use in place of "very!"

That's it! Gee, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. If you want to play our little alphabet game, let me know in comments...and I'll give you a letter. Don't worry...I won't give you "v!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...yes...I would like a letter...but don't expect the post today or tomorrow! It might take me awhile to get to it...but I will! My future post is in your hands...picka a good letter for me!!
I really did enjoy this post...and I still think I will eventually do the 6 weird things someday!

Dawnyel said...

mattsmom....hmmm....a letter for you....C! Don't worry about doing it Immediately...just do it sometime within the next month!! haha

Rachelle said...

What a fun post! I like it. BTW, email me sometime. We have the same infertility diagnosis.

Mama D said...

I even asked Peter if he thought 'V' was a good letter or if it was too hard. Hmmmph! I thought you did a VERY nice job! Don't feel too bad, I gave Rachelle the letter 'Y'! I'm so cruel!

CareBearMommy said...

I'm just glad you didn't use the word "vagina." That's the first "v" word that popped into my mind. All women have one, though, so I guess it would be accurately describing something about yourself! ANYhoo... go on and gimme a letter. This little activity looks fun. VERY fun. HAHA.

Mall Worker said...

That was fun to read! I totally agree with you on Venting!

Dawnyel said...

carebearmommy....uh....How about the letter P! That ought to be fun!

Shhhhhhhh! said...

This is such a fun game. I agree with the venting one as well. Check out my letter list on my post. :)