Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day in Idaho

Camping this weekend was WAY fun! It was just my parents, brothers, and a close family friend and her husband. My brothers, my friend and Cam and I were all camping in tents. My parents have what some people affectionately call, "Ho-Jo on Wheels." The first day there was gorgeous! It was sunny and not too hot. We quickly set up camp and enjoyed our beautiful day while it lasted. That night as we were sitting down to eat, the thunder-heads rolled in! It rained all night and all through Saturday. The rain was fine, as I mentioned before...I love rain. It's calming and comforting to me.
I'm very spoiled when I camp. Yes, I camp in a tent, but I have my mother's trailer to run to if it gets too bad, plus we have an amazing inflatable bed that isn't just any bed. It's three-tiered and is WONDERFUL! Well, since we have an inflatable bed, Cam has one too. His is one of the el cheapos from Walmart. It's been keeping him off the ground for several years now, but this year it decided to become holey and go flat. He would whine and complain to me, so I allowed him to sleep with me. (I didn't sleep well all weekend, what with little feet in my back and snoring in my ear...) So when the wind would blow hard or the rain would fall and startle Cam, he'd immediately complain to me and would wake me out of a sound sleep.
Anyway, on Saturday night the weather gave us something extra....SNOW! Yes, you read that right, I said, "SNOW!!" I woke up Sunday morning to an inch of snow on my tent. Then later on that day it snowed REALLY hard and Cam and my brothers had a snowball fight. I should have brought the mittens, dang it! It was cold, but we cuddled in my parents' trailer watching DVDs. (See, I told you I was spoiled!)
We giggled a lot, and had fun, but we had to keep warm. My way of keeping warm was to pile on the blankets and sleeping bags. I'm just glad that I discovered the joys of fleece sleeping bags. I probably would have frozen my tushy off without them. Thank goodness someone out there was smart enough to come up with those! Who ever you are, I LOVE YOU!
I've been trying for the last hour to post my pics from camping, but blogger is pitching a fit...I'll try to post those at another time! I'm too frustrated to try again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what do you say about camping in the snow...just that it is cold...but still...camping rocks no matter the weather. Not to say I wish I had been there...NOPE I am glad I was indoors all weekend!
But even still...it feels strange not to have camped this weekend as it is the first time in a long time my family hasn't gone!
I have told you that two years ago we camped in the snow and Matthew was just 8 weeks old. But what I didn;t tell you was that he got beaned by a snow ball by my bro! Of course it was an accident...who purposfully throws a snowball at an infant! But even still! I bet Matthew will hear the story...and hold it against him later in life! Well...probably not.

Diana Mancuso said...

Holy snow, Batman!

Glad to hear you had a great time camping.

Welcome back!

Mall Worker said...

Gotta love wal mart el cheapos! I'm glad you had a great time! I can't believe it snowed!

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad you had a fun camping trip, even in the bad weather. You are a lucky-duck that you had your parents trailer to escape to during the incliment weather. My fam was going to go camping this weekend, but I'm SOOOOOO glad we didn't. It rained really hard until Sunday morning, and we would have been stuck in just a tent. That would have made for some VERY unhappy kids.

Blogger always has issues. I hope you can get around them soon so you can post your pics!