Tuesday, April 25, 2006

6 WEIRD Things You May NOT Want to Know

I've been tagged along with the rest of the blogging community...so without further ado....
Six Weird Things About Me:
  1. As I mentioned in my previous blog....I'm my mother's daughter. And as such we both have a unique laugh that is easily recognizable in any large group setting. If I'm ever in a movie theater with my mom and we are not sitting together, I can easily find her if I hear her laugh! My laugh is a lot like hers and I'm okay with that!
  2. I have several oddities about my appearance. My ears are flat on top...they don't curl like most people's ears do. My second toe on my foot is about a half inch longer than my "big" toe. (That part in Shallow Hal where they talk about how disgusted they are by the girl with the long second toe made me feel a bit sad...I have the same affliction!) And I have a small pin-sized hole in the roof of my mouth that every once in a while will open and I can whistle through it! While I was talking with my mom tonight she reminded me of my most unusual physical feature...I have a branchial cyst on my neck. It looks like a bone sticking out of my neck. People would ask me about it all the time growing up and I'd take the comment from my younger brother..."I swallowed a chicken bone and it turned sideways and got stuck!" It gets them every time!
  3. As mentioned in one of my good friend's blogs, I have a tendency to dream instantly after falling asleep (or on my way to sleep!) I can almost just close my eyes and the dreams are there ready to go! (She found it VERY entertaining one night to see what I was dreaming about....it's there in her blog!)
  4. When I was in college my friends and I had a strange night where we showed off our "untalents." "Untalents" are those strange stupid-human tricks that you might not want to show off and I discovered one of my "untalents" is I can do Elvis Lips. My mother can do them both ways (to the right and the left) but I can only do them to the left.
  5. I have a strange love of anything with pigs in or on them. I think pigs are such cute animals and I have a small piggy collection. I will mention more about piggy things later when I have the pics to go with it! :)
  6. I am a Neptunian. Okay...there it is....out there for the world to read! While in high school my group of friends and I decided that we would claim Neptune as our "home" world. We had a leader and a hierarchy that made certain events fun! We each came up with our own Neptunian names and we had a wonderful mascot in the Super Wonder Whooper. Whenever we were bored or in need of entertainment we would make movies. After we graduated we made copies of them and each person in our group has one. As soon as one of the members of our group gets famous the videos will be out for the world to see our true colors! :) I WON'T be the one doing this...it's another friend who has claimed this right! I'm not upset over it...because I don't care, but there are others who might!

Well, that's it....6 strange things about me. I'm sure there's more, I mean, if you are a regular reader of my blog you already know this, but it was fun to share other strange things I probably wouldn't have admitted to!

Now I'm gonna tag a few more people...

CareBearMommy....TAG!!

Mattsmom......TAG!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...NONE of those things were at all a surprise to me! I already knew about MOST of them... all but the untalent...although I have seen you do the elvis lips thing! I will do the tag...even tho I most likely won't admit the Neptunian thing! I have friends who have NO idea that I was THAT crazy in high school...and I am NOT too sure I want to divulge it either! Although I secreatly love to go back to read the Neptunian news letters during private times in a lonely room!! Remember Mavis the frog...she fried...she died! haha

Blackeyedsue said...

Greetings Neptunian...I come in peace.

I love your weird things. They make me feel better about my own. You have a fun imagination. I forgot that I can curl my lips Elvis fashion until I read this. My dh and my oldest can too...I have to go and see if T has magic lips too!

CareBearMommy said...

Hey, you forgot to mention your Neptunian name, DWEEB! I also knew all of those things about you, so there! And how's this for a blast from the past... Dictator Aids is now sending me weekly installments of "The Trial of Aaron Burr." That's right... her mom brought it down to her a few months ago when she had her baby. So, if you want to forward the portions of the story as I get them from her, please let me know!

Dawnyel said...

If we're going to divulge our Neptunian names then I will ablige...LOOGIE!! Okay...so we were weird...sue me!! :)

Anonymous said...

WERE??? WERE??? No way girls... You still ARE weird!

Dawnyel said...

Mattsmom is right...I am weird...but I admit it...fully and with pride! BTW, MM....I would love to read the news letters again!! :) Can you send them my way...or at least give me a quick rememberance?? :)

Rachelle said...

That was a fun list to read! I can dream almost right away too!

Diane Viere said...

What a fun list! Love getting to know people through these blog-games!

Diane