Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unusually busy day!



I don't know why I scheduled everything for today, but it kept me on my toes! Luckily though, Cam didn't have school and that allowed me to sleep in. But I had an appointment with our service coordinator then soon after the little girl I babysit came and immediately started running. I soon settled her down and had her sleeping, but when I went to take her upstairs, Cam started running and getting noisy which woke her up. Unable to get either of them back to sleep, I gave up and went back down to entertain them. As the day wore on Steve came home from work and we hurried out the door for parent/teacher conferences. While we were gone my friend, who had come to visit with me, sat at our house until we got back. As soon as the conference was over we took the little girl home and hurried to our house where I led my friend to the church where we had a fun Relief Society enrichment meeting planned. I was helping tie a quilt...which didn't really want to be tied. I stayed late there and finished up the quilt and then came home where both of my boys were up in bed. I had a lot on my plate, but it kept me busy. And while we didn't have a lot going on this afternoon I took lots of fun pictures of Cam and the little girl we watch, as you can see.
The exciting thing about our day was that at parent/teacher conferences we found out that Cameron's teacher is lobbying for him to be in the normal kindergarten next year instead of the developmental one. The thing he wants is to see if we can get a shadow for him when he goes to kindergarten. What a shadow does is they keep the child on task and help with the one-on-one help for the child. When I heard that I was excited. I have been hoping that he could be in the regular kindergarten with his friends, but I know that he needs that special help to stay focused. So when his teacher suggested this I was instantly in agreement. Hopefully it will all go well and we can do that. He has just taken off with his learning recently, I'm just thrilled!

2 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

As a parent, I think that one of the most difficult things you can go through is to see your child sruggle. Every step of progress, no matter how big or small, is considered a victory. I'm happy to hear that Cam's in a place now where he's being considered for normal Kindergarten. Since Jazz was just moved from Early Intervention to normal preschool, I understand how you feel. I wish the best for him, and for you.

Anonymous said...

Fun Pics!
It is always fun to see the progress that kids make! Every mile stone is a celebration!