Monday, March 20, 2006

Joining the 21st Century

Okay, so I'm done with my frustration over Dora. I guess I don't hate Dora as much as I hate the quirks it gives my son. I like the fact that Dora teaches other languages and learning skills, but the standing, yelling, and touching the tv are just plain annoying! I was even so annoyed with Dora that I looked up some anti-Dora sites and I realized that my frustration is just that...frustration. I don't have the same seething hatred that some other people have. Thank goodness!
This weekend was a fun one. I don't know if you noticed that I haven't updated my blog for a couple of days, it's because I forced myself to stay off and enjoy my husband's rare weekend off and spend quality family time together. We did some last minute preparations for our upcoming family trip next week. We hit a doorbuster sale and I finally relented and got a cell phone. I've been very anti-cell phones for a while. I was hoping to get a pay-as-you-go phone, but I gave into Steve's begs and we got on a plan. I've been giving into his wants a lot lately. Lucky man!
I found out on Friday that my sister and her husband had come up for a visit. I was hoping to go and talk with them for a while, but they were busy and I was stuck at home for a while. Luckily I did get a quick visit in before they had to go home.
We even had a date night this weekend with my cousins. It was so fun! We laughed A LOT!! We laughed so much and so hard that my head hurt afterward! I love refreshing myself with others and just having a good time!
On a final note, I'd like to say, "Hi!" to all of my new readers, which finally includes my hubby! I just love reading other people's blogs and finding a part of myself in their day-to-day activities, I hope others find the same in my writings! I'd like to post a link to your blogs on my page, so please let me know if you don't want me to. I'm too much of a people pleaser to hurt anyone's feelings. I just hope you all enjoy going along for the ride!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must comment!
I am glad that you joined the 21st century...It is a fun place to live! I love my cell phone...I use it often...and try to limit my time on it to the hours that I am alone to talk. I sure hope that you have a good trip next week...I LOVE that place! I will be thinking of you!

CareBearMommy said...

That's cool that your hubby is finally reading your blog. Now, perhaps he'll see that there's nothing to worry about or be embarrassed about. And congrats on getting a cell phone. They sure are handy.

Diana Mancuso said...

Ah, the cell phone. I think the number of people who own one largely outnumbers those who do not. I just changed from a plan to pay-as-you-go to save some money, but I think it's costing me the same if not more. Oh well.

Thanks for posting a link to my site. Much obliged!