Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm on a Rant...Watch Out!

I should have no problems finding something in my meager wardrobe that is green. Most of my clothes are green, or have some bit of green in them. I can't help it that I love green! I'm just happy to "celebrate" this holiday by wearing my favorite color! That's the good news of the day, now for the bad...
Rant of the day:
Okay, I have gone long enough without letting my true feelings out! I HATE DORA THE EXPLORER!! Every morning when I get up my son, without fail, will turn on the tube and there staring us back in the face will be that big-headed girl. It's not so much the animation of that show that I despise, but the things they convince your kids that they have to do. I don't like the fact that she asks the kids watching to scream back to the television. She'll say something and ask the kids to repeat, then she'll ask them to say it louder. So now we have kids yelling at the tv, isn't that enough? Nope, not for Miss Dora-pants, now we must have them stand up the entire time they are viewing her show. She tells them to stand up to do something and then she forgets to sit them back down. So here I am, watching this ANNOYING show with my son where he's standing up and screaming at my tv. The other thing I can't stand is the fact that since this is an "interactive" show, she asks the kids where people, or characters are...usually they're hiding (probably trying to avoid Dora at any cost.) Anyway, so I will clean the little fingerprints off of my screen and the next day when I go to watch one of my shows there are tiny fingerprints on the screen again, and usually they're all clustered together from Cam pointing to the same spot like 20 times before his beloved Dora finally acknowledges his guess. Why do we want our kids watching this stuff? I don't know why I put up with it everyday. I guess it's because I love my son, more than I hate Dora, in either case I guess I just need to deal with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA
You are sooo funny! After we chatted last week about Dora...I actually paid attention to that show...and you are right...Dora has been added to our long list of cartoons not to wach...it seems like MOST of the cartoons on our basic satalite are CRAP! Although I still like the backyardigains. and House of Mouse. Matthew really doesn't need more TV time than those anyway I guess. I LOVED your rant! I am just glad that we banned Dora before I got little fingerfrints all over the tv.

CareBearMommy said...

Sometimes, the best therapy is a good ol' rant. I hope you're feeling better now! You have told me before how much you hate Dora.... and you can tell me again if it makes you feel better again. And if you like, you can start your own "I hate Dora" fan club (instead of searching for them online). I'll join. I'm sure Joanie will join, too.

Mama D said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! So far the only little Baby A watches is 'Baby Einstein'. Oh and curling with grandma. I actually become mesmerized by the 'Baby Einstein' shows as much as my daughter. Must be the loss of I.Q. points.

Diana Mancuso said...

Hi Dawnyel,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like Dora the Explorer mainly because of the bilingual nature of it. But my daughter is only 8 months and doesn't really watch much t.v. so I never really thought about all those interestingly funny points you brought up. Very amusing!