Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Grinchy kids

This weekend while I went to Salt Lake with my fam, my mom kept commenting on things that we used to do when we were younger. She is just now finding out some of the things we used to do, and I don't think she's very impressed with us.
When my siblings and I were little we would be left alone while my parents went out on dates. We weren't really little, but we were little enough. Anyway, we would entertain ourselves by watching movies over and over again. But after a while watching the movies would get old, so we came up with some "fun" ideas to mix it up a bit. There was one time that we were watching the animated version of Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas and we loved that part of the cartoon where the grinch gets his evil idea and his face contorts to that evil grin he had. And one night while we were watching I had the brilliant idea to get a white crayon and trace the face onto the television screen. So my brother and I did it at the part where his hair is still curled up on top of his head. Then we'd play the movie and pause it where his hair opened up. We thought it was hilarious. And my parents never found out, because crayon washes easily off of the screen. My mom just found out about us doing this within the last year. She was appalled, but she laughed about it. She just can't believe that we did that when she wasn't there. I'm sure that years from now Cam will be pulling the same stuff on me. It's all part of the circle of life!

2 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Cute story. You surprised me! After all, I thought you and your siblings were such ANGELS growing up!

Anonymous said...

TEHE...I remember that story...I can't believe your parents just found out about that!
I know what you mean by the circle of life thing...Matthew has already tried to "bring me" treats...only because he wants one...and i probably deserve it...ask my parents...