Thursday, February 23, 2006

Brownies that we HAD to eat

Carrie just reminded me of another time when we have very vivid memories. One night while we were in high school we were having a sleep over at my house in my tent (which was "planted" in our garden.) I had many cats at the time and they lived outside of our house, well while we were in the tent they kept creeping in and wanting what we had been eating, my mom's homemade, to-die-for brownies. My sister was also having a sleep over at the same time in the backyard and she and her friend were just a few feet away, sleeping on the trampoline. But while they were giggling away, we were lost in our own world of cat-problems. We tried many different things to keep the cats away, but none of them worked. And my parents had told us not to go into the house again for the night, so we were stuck. Finally I was frustrated and I told Carrie, "We have no choice, we have to eat all of the brownies." We were stuffed and there were lots of brownies left on the plate, but it never occurred to us that we could give them to Michelle and her friend, so we stuffed our faces until we were sick to our stomachs. As soon as we finished, I asked Carrie why we didn't just give the extra brownies to Michelle and Jenny. We were so sick, we just didn't care. That night we laughed, but not as hard as we can now!

1 comment:

CareBearMommy said...

Those WERE pretty good brownies. If I remember correctly, weren't we also listening to music out in the tent? CopaCabanna keeps coming to mind.... or was it John Bytheway's rendition (Wilky Wilkenson Center)? I'll try to dig up some more fun memories and post them on my blog. Fun meaning "not embarrassing to any person involved".