Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just Memory Laning

Now that I'm over my whole issues that I was having, I can reflect on some of my crazy memories.
I've already talked about the rubbaundies, but I didn't mention all of the things that Carrie and I actually did when we were younger. We used our front yards as the boundaries for our imaginary houses/mansions. We would make up new floorplans almost daily, but we had fun. Our young minds would imagine HUGE mansions. Then we would imagine our future (or what we'd hope would be our future) families would be like. I remember having lots of kids and "driving" a minivan. Well, all I need now are the other kids. People would drive down our road while we were pretending in our front yards and I know they thought we were crazy. Who sees little girls walking down the sidewalk with fisted hands in front of their belly buttons? I wouldn't know what to think if I saw that now. At least we had fun.
I do remember having a very good imagination experience one time though. We live in Idaho, where the wind blows all the time and it's usually cold. One time I was riding my bike home from school and it was windy, like usual, and it was cold. My friend suggested that I pretend I was driving down the road in a car so the wind couldn't get to me. So I tried it. Either my imagination was good, my memory is bad, or the wind just happened to stop at that moment, but I remember suddenly being warm and not being blown by the wind. If you were to ask Carrie, she'd probably quote a VERY smart person who once said, "The wind will kill you, as long as you are not moving." That pretty much sums it up!

2 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

It's funny what sort of memories come back to haunt you... or make you smile. I have lots of fond memories of the crazy stuff we did when we were little! No matter how old we get, those memories will always be there. One little thing that just popped into my mind was when we were camped out in a tent in your backyard, eating cookies (or was it brownies??). We just HAD to eat all of the cookies on the plate .... you remember it, I'm sure. Anyone else reading this will probably be like, "so what!" I don't care. It's a memory that will always make me smile! So there's my trip down Memory Lane for the day.

Mattsmom said...

I wonder who the VERY smart woman is??
a hint???
Anyway...Memory laning is sometimes a fun sort of thing to do! I do it occasionally...like the time that we sang insane songs and acted like crazy people in front of a camera! Oh wait... which time!!!! :)
Although.. personally I am a lot more fulfilled today than I was then... so... I will "memory lane" of more recent things...like... remember that time we talked on the phone...wait that was today!
still... it's a memory... and mine is rather short... unlike Carebearmommy's! So... I am affraid that I am only much good for "memory laning" about things that happened within a week or so! :)