Monday, January 02, 2012

Is It REALLY So Easy to Change?

New Year almost always equals new resolutions. Some may want a hot new bod, some want to be more frugal, others want to give more of themselves....Me? I want to be a better mommy and wife to those I see every day.
I will admit, I'm an angry person. When my kids do things they're not supposed to, I yell and lecture them. When I need them to do something, I usually yell it at them, or plead over and over....and then I get no results so I resort to yelling at them because I'm angry.
I'm SO tired of it.
Being angry so often is exhausting.
My resolution WILL happen...it must. I want a happy home. I want to be able to tell my kids things and have them obey quickly and happily.
So far today, I've already yelled at the boys (they woke up WAY too early, and fought for an hour, all the while banging and throwing things around and screaming and yelling...) BUT I've also tried to stay calm and talk to them instead of lecturing. I must learn to pick my fights well. I need to let the little stuff go and focus on the big picture.
I can do this....I MUST!

2 comments:

Jewelle said...

I'm feeling the same way. You have any lightbulb moments let me know because mine is a little dim right now.

Dawnyel said...

Jewelle, someone told me that one day I will look back at my chaotic current life and miss it. I will miss that my children want to sit on me ALL.THE.TIME. I will miss them being little and independent...making messes....trying to please me....one day, all of this will be gone, then they'll be moody teens, then they'll be on their own as adults. One day things will change, and I will want these chaotic years back.
I try to think of this when I get angry, but sometimes a good yell just helps. ;)