Monday, October 04, 2010

Remembering...

3:15 pm
Ten years ago...
I was checking into the hospital, per my doctor's instructions. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew big changes were coming.
I settled into the room and got hooked up to an IV, monitors and a blood pressure cuff. An hour into the wait, the nurse gave me a dose of cervadil. I waited.
An hour after the insertion of the medication, my doctor's partner came into the room dragging an ultrasound monitor. We asked him what he was going to do. He responded with, "We're going to check to see if this baby is head-down"
Um, okay, we then asked him what he wanted to do if the head wasn't down....
"We'll send you home."
(Dumb doctor! Honestly, I have HUGE issues with the idiocy of this man.....)
Thankfully, head was down, and we were in for a long night and day.
Ten years ago, I realized, "This is real. I'm actually going to be a mom and have a child..."
Needless to say, I couldn't relax or rest much at all.
Ten years have just flown by.

No comments: