Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Books Review: Fablehaven

I may have mentioned this series of books before, but I just finished the final book and want to let everyone know that these books are GREAT! The fifth and final book of Fablehaven came out last month, and it took me 10 days to read the whole thing. (And only because I valued my sleep....I had to FORCE myself to go to bed at 2:00 in the morning instead of reading more, like I would have liked.)
The books are VERY imaginative and a fairly easy read. They might be scary for younger kids, but for tweens, teens and adults, they're fine! They DO get intense, but that's part of the reading experience, isn't it?
The series follows Kendra and Seth Sorenson and their exposure to the mythical world that lies beyond the typical human eyes. There are fairies, centaurs, dragons, demons and more. It's fun to see the different ways each group is presented.
I have to say, it was sad to know that I was reading the final book in this series. But it didn't leave me ACHING for more, but wishing there was more.
If you like Harry Potter, you will adore Fablehaven. I highly recommend it.....to everyone!

1 comment:

Jewelle said...

We bought it the day that it came out. I haven't read it though because I promised Russ that he could read it first. He is rereading the series so it may be awhile. I can't wait to read it, and I agree they are GREAT books for most people.