Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thrush

Today I noticed some little white patches on the inside of Jake's mouth. Just on the corners by his lips. At first I thought it was paper, I mean, he HAS been putting everything that's been on the floor into his mouth, and we've been shredding paper like crazy people. But when I went to "pull it out" it didn't come, and I noticed it was more like a yeast infection or something else. So I called the doctor, and the nurse said it sounded like thrush. Um...yay?
So today we went to the pharmacy and got some purple stuff (yeah, don't remember the name of it off hand...) and some anti-fungal foot stuff for me, and we're treating it.
Isn't Jake's purple mouth just LOVERLY!? ;)
Hopefully this won't last long...and none of the rest of US will get it. *fingers crossed* Until then I have a purple-mouthed baby...

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Even with a purple mouth, he's still cute!

Blackeyedsue said...

He is super cute! I love purple mouthed babies, and purple clothes, and purple couches, and purple carpet...

Unknown said...

We had this when ava was young..makes me think of dying some clothes purple. It is such a lovely color. Good luck. Your boys are SO cute.