Monday, November 24, 2008

Grateful?

I'm sure if someone were to just pop in on my blog, they'd think I was so ungrateful. I really don't think that would be appropriate, especially since Thanksgiving is this week, so I'm going to list some of the things I'm grateful for.
I'm grateful for a loving husband who puts up with his crazy wife. I had a night last week where I just could NOT sleep. I read something that just made me freak out. I went upstairs (I had gone to the living room to let Steve sleep...) and turned on the light, woke him up and demanded an explanation. The poor guy was not only half-awake, but he was completely unaware of what I was thinking. Thankfully, I get really weird on little sleep and everything was fine, but I'm glad Steve was there to help calm me down and reassure me that things are okay.
I'm grateful for two super-cute boys who make my life busy. It's hard to feel sorry for myself when I'm serving these little boys.
I'm grateful for little toothy smiles.
I'm grateful for a home that keeps me and my family warm and safe.
I'm grateful for a loving extended family who love me enough to help me when I make mistakes or are there to keep me sane.
I'm grateful to live in a developed country. My little brother is serving his mission in the Philippines and has told us how lucky we are to have the things we have. Even the most poor who live here are rich comparatively.
There is so much I have, and I should show my gratitude more often.

2 comments:

Melzie said...

It's always good to rethink the grateful items. :)

cressfamily said...

I agree with you. I know that I have taken things for granted, but that I am indeed grateful for.