Monday, October 27, 2008

Who Is In Charge?

We have a DVD/VCR in our bedroom that I use as my personal clock. (Yes, we have an alarm clock, but it's on Steve's side of the bed, and I have stopped waking HIM up to find out what time it is in the middle of the night. I think he appreciates it!) Anyway, yesterday morning I woke up to kind of a bleary day. I wasn't sure what time it was, so I looked at my trusty clock. It read 6:55. I was happy, because it felt a little later than that, and I could sleep some more!
About 20 minutes later I woke up, and it was a little brighter, so I checked my other trusty time-telling device, my watch. It said it was 8:15!!
How could it be nearly 7:00, and then 20 minutes later be 8:15?? Well, thanks to new technology, my DVD/VCR has an automatic daylight savings time changer. But.....but......
I just want to know who is in charge of daylight savings time? Who decides when it happens?? I mean, just a few years ago you KNEW daylight savings time would happen between the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October. But last year, someone (probably the person in charge) decided that we needed more daylight hours, so he (or she) changed it from one of the last Sundays in March to the first Sunday in November. No one told my DVD player, so it faithfully changes on the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October....which means I have to manually change it back!
I just want to know who I can complain to. I don't mind daylight savings time, in fact, during the summer, it's kinda nice. I do mind that they changed the regularity of the time we change it. Who decided this? When I find out who it is, I'm planning on complaining. I think it's probably too late to complain about this for next year. So my next thought was, when I complain, how soon will the change go into effect? (Seeing how I'm SOOOOOO influential! ;) ) Why can't they fix things so they're the SAME as they've always been? Or if they're going to change it, why don't they just do away with it all together?
I was wondering about who is in charge. Is there some big "Daylight Savings Time Group?" Or is someone else in charge, like some guy who lives in Greenwich, England? Does our President have a say in whether we change time or not? Why doesn't Arizona even participate?? The poopers!
So many questions, and no answers. So I'm throwing it out to cyber-space.
WHO'S IN CHARGE!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang that sucks!!

Elena said...

I'd like to know too! I hate the time changing so late this year. I think my biological clock is naturally set for the "fall back" time and they've gone and shortened it for me. I can't wait until next week when I get an extra hour!

KAT said...

Arizona doesn't participate because it's hot enough already. So we want the sun down sooner in the day, so there's still time to play after the sun goes down.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylight_saving_time

Mattsmom said...

It seems like I heard it was something the president was in on!

I actually LOVE the change! YAY for more daylight on Halloween! Less danger for kids all around!

I wish they would do away with Standard time all together. I am going to miss Daylight savings time all dark and dreary winter long!