Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things That Make Me Smile

  • Restored cars from the 30's and 40's driving down the road. I especially love them when they are carrying a little old man, wearing a straw hat, driving down the road (and AT the speed limit) in his convertible roadster. (By the way, he was also hauling his golf clubs--Way to go, little old man!!)
  • A silly song on the radio. I love singing along at the top of my lungs too!! (Some favorites include: "Some Beach," "Girls Lie Too," "Shiftwork," and my current favorite song, "All I Wanna Do-oo-oo-oo-oo....")
  • Cameron playing NICELY with his little brother. Jake loves his big brother and Cam can usually get a cute smile out of the baby.
  • A handwritten letter/card in the mailbox instead of bills. I should try to make other people smile this way too....
  • Back to School posters in the stores. I've decided that the first day of school (which is THIS coming MONDAY!!!!!!) is my new favorite UN-holiday!
  • An athlete standing on the Olympic podium, seeing their country's flag, hearing their national anthem, and tears in their eyes with that smile on their face. I was particularly smiley last night when I saw Shawn Johnson win her gold medal last night! I was cheering for her the entire time and I'm SO glad she finally won GOLD!!
  • My boys sleeping soundly. Is there anything more peaceful OR beautiful than sleeping kids? :)

No comments: