Monday, April 07, 2008

Why Does This ALWAYS Seem To Happen??

Tonight, while having Family Home Evening with my family (parents, grandparents, and aunt's family) I was preparing to read a story to the group. I put the footstool in the middle of the floor (between my youngest brothers, who were laying on the floor, being bums...) and I felt the stool behind my legs as I slowly let gravity take effect. As I was "sitting" my brother calls out, "Dawnyel, don't sit...." But it was too late, I was past the point of no return....I ended up crashing to the floor. I'm in PAIN!! My tailbone was broken twice before this, so falling full-on weight is NOT the best for it. The pain is shooting up my back and I'm just feeling like this is only the beginning....tomorrow will be TORTURE!
As I mentioned, I've broken my ol' bum twice before. Once when I was 6 months pregnant with Cameron....I fell down some stairs in a fifth-wheel, not realizing they were there. It wasn't much fun AT ALL!
The first time I broke my tailbone?? I was at a scout pack meeting, just finishing doing the Watermelon cheer (yeah, I remember EXACTLY what I was doing....) and I went to sit down....and kept going and going until SPLAT...CRACK!! Who did that?? Why, the same brother who pulled the stool out from underneath his pregnant sister tonight!! That's TWO!! One more and you're toast kid!!

6 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Oh, man! You'd THINK your brother would know better than to pick on a pregnant woman! I think I remember correctly who did it the first time, ahem, DOUG, ahem, cough. GRR on him! Really, I hope you're not in too much pain, and he'd better quickly become the world's best brother to [almost but not quite] make up for it.

Deanna said...

OWIE! Are you gonna be alright? THat sounds aweful!

I hear you on being a good example. My whole family crashed and my mom almost didn't let us have dessert, because we had a 'nap'. I have to redeem myself and watch it on BYUTV, I guess!

Kim said...

I'm sorry about you tailbone. I'd say that I can't believe your bro did that, but I really can believe he did it. HOpe it's not too torturous for you to suffer through.

Elena said...

Oh, that brother is asking for a beaten. That's really not funny at all. Take him down! :) (all in good fun of course).

Mattsmom said...

Man Alive, I can't believe you would give him one more chance!

I LOVED chatting (for two hours) today! THANKS! I needed it! I am sad to hear the Doug made another attempt on your rear...but happy to hear that today wasn't as bad as you had thought it would be.

Melzie said...

OW!