Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Keep On Truckin', Right!?

I had one of my regular 2-week appointments yesterday, and things seem to be fine. The only problems I'm encountering are with my blood sugars. Lately the fasting sugars have NOT been the best. I have to call my other doctor sometime this week to see what needs to happen. (I think the problem is that I'm now SUPER SUPER hungry, and I can eat a bit more, so I do....and it's not the things I *should* be eating...) I should really TRY to not eat sugary sweets after dinner.....
The other issue is I'm starting to swell. Not as bad as I did with Cameron, by any means, but after church on Sunday I did notice my feet were puffier than normal. I guess it's a good thing I've got ugly foam shoes that will allow me to wear shoes even if my feet are hideously fat.
Cameron has been going with me to these appointments, and he LOVES to hear the heartbeat, even though he thinks he can help the PA find it. Silly boy!! Not that I'd let him touch my naked belly anyway, but ya know....
And after my HAPPY Spring post, it snowed today! I think I may pout just a bit....I want SPRING!!

4 comments:

Mattsmom said...

I SERIOUSLY can't believe this snow! WHAT happened to our weekend weather?
All of our tiny flowers are gonna die! GRRR! Good luck with your blood sugars and swelling...doesn't sound like much fun.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not prego!!! But you are almost to the end. Or the beginning, which ever you prefere.

Kim said...

Good luck trying to tackle your blood sugars. My mom's were high at her last appointment with the cardiologist, so he sent her to see Dr. L about it. At least she doesn't have to do the shots yet. Bummer about the snow. It was the same way here. I have been fighting the crud since Sunday and I think that the weather is adding further confusion to my body when it comes to trying to get healthy again!

CareBearMommy said...

I hope you're able to get your blood sugars under control. That sounds like no fun... meanwhile, it's only for like 7 more weeks! YIKES! Time sure does fly by.