Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sickies Here and GONE!! (I hope!)

I've been a miserable mess all weekend long. But I didn't have time to wallow in my sickness....I had to do things, and it wasn't fun.
Sleeping wasn't easy either....I found that I was sweaty and literally STICKING to my sheets. I thought only menopausal women did that!! YIKES!! The thing that made it worse was that I was FREEZING with all that sweating going on, so I HAD to have the blankies covering me. Honestly, it was NOT something I hope to ever do again!
I ended up going to church on Sunday so I could bolster our ward choir's poor little alto section, there's a whole 2 of us, and I think we did pretty well for our small, sicky numbers.
Then I spent all day yesterday recovering, and it completely helped!! I was feeling MUCH better (although my lungs need to be hacked up occasionally....) and I was able to do the things that I'm SUPPOSED to do today.
Cam has been such a trooper. He's been entertaining himself rather well, considering that mommy AND daddy were both laid up with the flu. He even prayed for us many times! (Thanks, buddy!)
Last night, on a random whim, Steve picked up my little "foldy" pillow off of my side of the bed. (I MUST sleep with this little extra pillow....don't ask me why!) And promptly threw it back down pronouncing, "Peeeew!" upon my lovey!
I asked him what it smelled like (thinking he'd respond, sweat or sick smell...something that he could say was stinky and worthy of the pronouncement.)
Then he said, in a matter-of-fact way, "It smells like your head!"
Uh, thanks honey! Maybe I need some better smelling shampoo! :P

5 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

I think you should sit on Steve. Sit on his head. It's the only way he'll learn not to say such things. Even if it IS true! :)

Mattsmom said...

SAD! Sad that you were sick.

Sad that you had to try to function while sick.

Sad that Steve thins your head stinks! What a punk!

Here's hoping you have a better weekend this week!

Mattsmom said...

Make that "thinks"

Melzie said...

maybe it's your sick & sweaty head it smells like? :)

Throw the lovey in the wash, and buy fruity shampoo, then spritz lovey with bed frangrance. Make Steve smell again, and see what he says next time. LOL!

I make Joe smell a lot of things... mostly yucky things.. I'm so evil. ;)

Rachelle said...

I hope you all feel better soon!