Monday, February 11, 2008

Sick...and TIRED

So I haven't been to visit my computer for days now, simply because I've been hacking, and whinning....I'm sick. I've got a sore throat, ear ache, stuffy nose and cough. Normally, being this sick wouldn't be SO bad, but on top of the sickies, I'm constantly tired. *sigh*
I just wish I had some cure-all medicine to fix myself, but sadly, I'm trying to get better drinking as much water and OJ as possible!!
Also, last week I ended up seeing my "normal" doctor. He's worried that I'll develop gestational diabetes (since I'm already severely insulin resistant and morbidly obese) so he's got me pricking my fingers and checking my blood sugars twice a day. My fingers are covered in mini scabs and I'm surviving. (As long as you don't count my fasting blood or after breakfast blood....) Thankfully, my sugars are close to being under control (usually half-way through the day) and I'm not TOO worried!! Otherwise, things are going well...how are you!? ;)

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey, Dawnyel - can I add you to my list? I am sorry you aren't feeling well...I hope you can get rid of the 'crud' that is going around...I think I'm getting the yucky throat thing...There goes singing time!

Dawnyel said...

LOL...Deanna, you CAN add me! :) I'll add you too! ;)
Thankfully you have a week to recover! Singing time SHOULD be fine!

Anonymous said...

SAD! Mini scabs can't be too much fun at all. I am glad that your sugars are doing well so far! Good luck getting better.

Ps... I have the list...I think I will just drop it in the mail so I don't have to type it all out...what is your address? Email me please!

Sketchy said...

Do you have to prick your fingers? My blood checker thingy (so technical) worked just as well if you got the blood from other places, like the back of your arm, where you don't have as many nerves so it doesn't hurt and you aren't constantly using the back of your arms like your fingers.

Feel better!