Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So COLD!

I'm sure there are some who have more to complain about than I do, but sheesh, it's so cold here! Snow squeaks when you walk on it. The dry, cold air instantly gives me a cough. My hands, which normally are very warm, freeze within seconds of being outside. It's just DANG cold!!
Yesterday with the cold temperatures and a windchill, school was cancelled. (Which disappointed Cam to NO end!) Without the windchill the morning temperature was -16...WITH the windchill?? -36!! That's just too dang cold!
I've decided that the name for this little symbol ("-") is not "negative," but "freakin'." And any number put after that symbol is hereby called "cold." Let me use these in a sentence for you.
The sentence "Yesterday the morning temperature was -16." is read as: "Yesterday the morning temperature was "freakin'" "cold"!"
I had to crank up the heater 3 times yesterday...just to keep the apartment semi-livable! Last night, it was set at over 70 degrees!! Waking up this morning was nice, but my basement/laundry room/garage is WAY cold!! There's no heat that I can get down there.
For a while now we've had a little leakage from our washing machine (I think...) and there's a constant puddle on the floor. Yesterday when I went to do my laundry, there was no longer a puddle, but an ice skating rink. It all FROZE!! If I wasn't such a wuss when it comes to skating, I might try it in my own basement!!

5 comments:

nikko said...

Yikes! It's 36° here and it feels "freaking cold" to me. I guess I've been in Texas too long.

Funny about your ice rink in the basement. ;o)

CareBearMommy said...

It dipped down into the teens here the other night, dubbed as the COLDEST temp of the year here. I must have forced myself to forget about the freakin' cold temperatures back in Idaho, even though I grew up with them my whole life. The cold humid air here really does suck, though. (I think the humidity makes it feel worse than it actually is).

That's too bad about the school closure. We've had one delay (due to black ice everywhere) but no closures in our district yet. Did Cam drive you nuts during the day?

And that's too funny about your ice skating rink. Just be careful not to fall.

Sketchy said...

That is freakin cold. It's not quite that cold here, but still it's cold enough that the condensation on the window freezes overnight.

I say if Christmas is over than so should winter! Bring on the Spring!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the central heating! How I wish I had a fireplace right now...our gas bill is going to KILL us!

One Scrappy Gal said...

No ice skating while you're pregnant, missy!