Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Home Again, Home Again....

We're home, and I'm SO tired!! Here's a few highlights:
  • All of the appointments went well. He has a new eye prescription (new glasses, here we come...), he got PLENTY of radiation exposure (2 bone density scans, 2 back x-rays, and one MRI!), and we may or may not have to go back in 6 months for a follow-up MRI, depending on the results.
  • He was VERY VERY brave for his appointments. He only cried when they put the dilating drops in his eyes and when they were putting in his IV for the MRI. We're hoping that someday, he'll get used to these things and not cry as much.
  • If you don't have plans while on a trip, you will find yourself VERY busy!! On Tuesday, our "relaxing" day, we drove for an hour for a restaurant (and wasn't that impressed with it...) then rode on the TRAX to Temple Square to see the Tabernacle, the Christus Statue, and the roof of the Conference Center. We rode the TRAX back to the hotel, and hurried to meet some of my friends for dinner...we were late!
  • Grandma is DEFINITELY an asset on trips like this. (Except when she buys annoying toys at Cracker Barrel....dang guitars!!)
  • Finding a hotel with 2 queen-sized beds, and a hide-a-bed is HEAVEN! Finding a hotel with a breakfast buffet is WONDERFUL!! Finding that your wonderful Heaven has closed the swimming pool.....SAD news for little boys!
  • Apparently I count in my sleep! My mom told me this morning that I was very gently and slowly counting. Before she fell back to sleep I was up to 80!! (Can we say OCD!?)
  • According to Cameron "When I blow up, I want to be a soccer ball!"
  • And "bastick" is another way of saying "chapstick!"

It was very long, fun, informative and UNEVENTFUL!! (yay!) We don't know the full results of the MRI yet, but it seemed to go well. Cam cried afterward for his daddy, and then SCREAMED for grandma. (Only one parent/adult is allowed back in the recovery room with the children.) I did get some video of the whole MRI event, but I need to talk with a friend to get my cord for the camcorder. I didn't get him walking around like a drunkard, because I was helping keep him upright. I DID get him nearly falling out of the wheelchair though, so you can see SOME of his drunkenness! He really wasn't as bad this time as he was the LAST time. But apparently the last time he woke up early and they gave him some muscle relaxants....which REALLY helps his dizzy situation anyway! *rolling eyes*

This is Cam from this morning....PRE-MRI (and pre-IV!)

This is Cam riding on the TRAX, he LOVED it!

This is the view of downtown Salt Lake City from the roof of the Conference Center. It was the first time I had been up there, and it was amazing. I'm STILL trying to fathom that the roof area covers 10 ACRES of land!! WHOA! (That giant pyramid type thing is a sky-light, but with Conference coming up, they cover it because the natural sunlight wreaks havoc on the television cameras!)

But we're back, and things are fine. Now it's back to normal life! *sigh*

3 comments:

nikko said...

Glad your trip and Cam's appointments went well. :o)

Sketchy said...

Poor guy! There's times I'd like to cry for my Grandma at the doctor's office too.

I love Salt Lake, I'm glad you got some time to enjoy it. The last time we were there we had like a 2 hour layover and I sooo wanted to try to get down to at least see the temple. But we'd already missed one flight and we didn't want to try for two.

Although, and this may just be me, but I think there should be some sort of building practise there that no building can be taller then the temple spires! It wrecks my view!

Suzanne said...

Cameron is such a brave little guy! It looks like you had some fun on this trip, in addition to all the other important things you were doing, so yay for that! :)