Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mini-Party

Things are going well now!! In fact, I'm secretly having a mini-party!! (For those who know what I'm going through....party with me!! Hint: af)
This week has really flown. I've been attempting to clean up my house, and keep my son's allergies in check. It doesn't matter the season, Cam will always have issues with a runny nose and a sore throat at the changing of the season. I've been trying to keep him dosed up with the proper allergy medicines, but he will squawk and scream when it's time to take the medicine. His new "trick" is to plug his nose as he gulps down the medicine as quickly as he can. He IS getting better, although, chasing him around the house is NOT my idea of fun!
School seems to be going well for the boy. Whenever he comes home from school, I'll ask him what he did that day and his answer seems to always be whatever he ate for lunch!! Today he told me that he ate salad. WITH dressing!! He's a funny boy, and hopefully soon enough I will find out EXACTLY what he's been up to! I do know that his DACC classroom is VERY small this year, when I go to pick him up on Tuesdays for therapy, I've only noticed 6 or 7 kids!! I'm hoping the small class is helpful to him!!
Steve has started up his annual fall hobby: the city's fall musical. This year the musical is The Music Man, and he's playing Tommy's dad. (Tommy is the teen-ager who falls in love with the mayor's daughter...you know, the one who runs around saying, "Ye GODS!!") I think that was their way of making him feel like he HAD a part, even though he's just part of the ensemble! He's excited, and he's told me that he THINKS this will be his last time with this particular group. Here's hoping!!
And me?? I just do what I do....goof off, read, clean, and be an ornery mom/wife. I'm THOROUGHLY enjoying this cooler weather, and I can't wait for the leaves to change color and fall off the trees!! I'm THANKFUL that summer is OVER!! YAY!!
Life goes on, and thankfully, at this point....ALL is well!! *knock on wood*

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

It sounds like everything is going well! With Cam in school, I'll get that you get some free time, which is great! :)

nikko said...

Have fun with your little party. ;o) Glad Cam is doing well in school.

Yay for fall!

CareBearMommy said...

Woohoo! I'm partying right along with ya... my party has actually been going on since like Tuesday. ANYhoo, it's good to hear that things are going so well. That's funny to hear about Cam and the lunch thing, cuz Jazz is the same way. She'll tell me other stuff, too, but lunch is always the first thing she talks about. It's hard to believe that Steve's getting ready for another musical already, though. It seems like just a little while ago that last year's was going full-swing. Good luck to him... and YOU.

(*knock, knock*)

Lana said...

happy par-tay!

Mall Worker said...

Yay for Mini-party! Lunch was always my favorite subject in school too, Cam and I can relate!