Monday, September 03, 2007

Cows?? I Can Tell You About Cows!!

Before I tell you about cows....let me answer the questions from the weekend....they were all good ones too! ;)
Nikkie said...
Question: Coke or Pepsi?
Nikkie:
Neither....cola makes me wanna puke!!
***************************************************
One Scrappy Gal said...
What's on your Christmas wish list this year? Besides the usual peace on earth and good will to all?
Scrappy:
Christmas?? I don't even want to THINK about that holiday yet!! Fall just got here, woman!!
I REALLY want a Dyson vacuum cleaner, but I don't THINK I'll get it....unless Santa thinks I've been REALLY good this year!! ;)
**************************************************
Sketchy said...
Why do they make video games with obnoxious repetitive music? Are they trying to drive me insane?
Sketchy:
Is it working???
Then YES, they do it to drive parents insane!
**************************************************
Now about COWS!! Yes, I want to tell you what I've learned about cows!
Cows, despite popular belief, are social creatures. Choosing to converse in "moos" and moans in the WEE hours of the morning. And, quite like humans, cows will have ONE cow who dominates the conversation. The exception to the conversing cows fact, is that when coyotes are awake and howling or chirping, cows are silent.
When I was camping, and attempting to sleep, at least three cows were conversing, VERY loudly, mind you, about the food they would eat that day. I KNOW that's what the conversation was about, because, come on, what else do cows talk about!? The funny part of the whole conversation came when convo-hogging, cow would mumble and giggle about what the other cows had said!! She's not very nice, but they all deal with her, because she's related....and you have to be nice to relatives....there's an unwritten rule.
Another cow fact: Cows like to walk VERY slowly in the middle of a busy highway, but if it's a mildly busy highway, ALL the better, poop is inevitable then!!
We went on a short day-trip to a beautiful lake that was about 20 miles down the highway, and 5 more up a mountain. About six of those 20 highway miles were riddled with cows and cow doodie. Big cows, little cows, black cows, brown cows....all walking slower than a slug, and poo covering their bums. Luckily, my dad, who is an EXCELLENT driver, slowed down enough to not actually KILL any cows, just scar them for life! The funny part??? When one smart-alecky cow, probably a convo-hogging cow, smacked my parents' suburban with it's poo covered tail!! *WHACK!*
Cow fact #3: Cows, who are easily confused, should NEVER be barked at, they will run directly TOWARD the sound!
My brother, who is more like a giant teddy bear than a dog, decided it would be hilarious to make the cows move by barking at them. For most of the cows, it worked. For the ones who had drool hanging from the sides of their mouths?? BIG mistake!! We barely made it through the cow traffic without a major collision! (But I was laughing hysterically at the barking sound coming from my brothers!)
And our final cow fact of the evening: Even if you THINK you can get away from cows, you can't!! They're EVERYWHERE!!
Overall, my weekend was WONDERFUL!! I got to spend time with my family, laugh at some DUMB memories, make new ones (that included a redneck costume, and a troll mask), and just have a fun time. The best surprise of the weekend came when my little sister, who moved to Nevada, showed up. We weren't expecting them to come, in fact, I think she had told us that she probably COULDN'T come.....when I saw her, I let out a squeal of excitement. We all laughed until our heads hurt, and our bladders wanted to explode. It was GREAT FUN!!
We went on a quick trip to Meadow Lake (the jaunt when we nearly hit 30 or 600 cows) and a shopping trip to Kings and Alco in Salmon. The highlight was our finds at Alco: the LONG Halloween masks, and the troll mask, and a redneck costume. All making for a fun weekend.

I did lose Cameron's glasses on the first morning there, getting me grouchy, but calmed after Grandpa helped him find them. Then I freaked out when I thought I had lost my camera and cell phone, but was RELIEVED when I found my aunt had taken them into her trailer for safe keeping!! Oh, and arguing with crazy aunts ALWAYS adds an air of fun to any trip!! *dripping with sarcasm*

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

It sounds like you had a fun camping trip, cows and all! Who know that cows could make such good blogging fodder! It's also nice to know that the King's is still there. Isn't that like a tradition for your family to drive to Salmon for a shopping trip to King's?

(Oh, and go ahead and give your hubby a big ol' hug for cleaning up the house while you were away. *dripping with sarcasm*)

Anonymous said...

Sounds "moo-rific". Camping with the cows is really really fun. *dripping with sarcasm*. The best part is when they wander (Slowly) into your campsite and leave you a smelly gift at the bottom of your trailer steps.

Glad to hear you didn't loose anything expensive for real.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a mooo time!
I remember being woken up by cows in Austria at 4 am. Milking time and there bells rining out.Nice but not nice so early lol.
I am galde your sister suprised you also.
Rachau

Anne/kq said...

I don't like cows. I didn't used to mind them until we moved to TX, where they have LONGHORNS. Those things are SCARY!!!

Also, does Santa know that Target has a pink Dyson on sale this week for $399 and you get a $100 gift certificate when you buy it? Santa might be able to spring that if he talked to all your friends and family and they went in together, I think... Considering the $100 can be used for groceries and whatever so the final cost would be about $300, a great buy...