Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Blabber

Quite a weekend! I made a fast trip to Utah with my family to see my cousin's wedding, then I stayed in town the rest of the time, watching General Conference, trying to see my little sister for a few minutes, and trying to catch up on my sleep!
I did post Free-for-all Friday, but no one seemed to have a question...until I read the comments today! :) I was feeling a little un-loved!
Millie asked me what my favorite thing about my hubby was, and I figured I'd share it now! My favorite thing about my husband is his sense of humor. There are days when I don't really feel like having it around all the time, but I still love him for it. He can say something that just makes me laugh and laugh. Not only that, but the man GETS me! Not only in my depressions, my mumbles, but also in my own humor. There aren't many people I know who actually GET me, so I love that he does!
I think I'm skipping out on MLM for a while. I've got a lot going on in my life...maybe one day I'll catch up!
Babysitting is back up and going. I get to watch baby J everyday this week, and next week too! His mom is training at the credit union, and will be crazy busy! We can definitely tell that it's been a while since baby J was here...he cried non-stop for an hour. Poor kid...he misses his mama! I found a way to make him like me again, though! I fed the boy little pieces of animal cookies! He's now my friend again! :)
I'm so excited for this weekend! Easter is way fun! But I get to meet one of my friends! LOL I'm so excited! Maybe I should email the lady! That WOULD be a good thing! And my sister and her husband are supposed to come back up here for another visit this weekend...maybe I'll see them this time! (LOVE YA, SHELL!)
Easter brings to mind my favorite candy of ALL time: Cadbury Cream Eggs! YUMMY! And I've been SUPER good this year...I haven't had ANY! (Shopping this week should fix that though!) There's just something about having candy that makes me happy!
I've also been talking with one of my really good friends. I met her at her mom's house on Thursday night, and we talked from 6:00 pm until 3:30 am!! It's definitely been awhile!! I really miss that girl! She needs to move back here! ;) We just talked about anything and everything. She's one of the few people in this world who knows absolutely EVERYTHING about me! Love her!! Miss her!!
I loved Conference this weekend! (Well, what I caught of it anyway!) It always seems like the topics they pick are especially pertinent in my life at THAT moment! It seemed like almost everyone talked about forgiveness! The other one that hit me between the eyes was Elder Oaks' talk about divorce. I LOVED it!! It always proves to me that the Lord knows what we need to hear, and sends us His messages through his prophets!
Crazy weather is back! We've had a lot of windstorms and rain/snow storms move through this area. I'm being pretty stubborn, and I refuse to turn the heat back on. (Maybe that's why my fingers are always freezing!)
I hope to do more with this week than I did last week, but with me being in charge of scouts this month, I don't know how I'll handle it! I'm so scared, but I'm sure the boys really won't remember much of it!
Oh, and one more thing...I WAS going to play a super-fun trick on Steve for April Fools' day, but I got lazy...plus, I realized it's way more fun to cuddle and make-out with the man instead of driving him crazy! :)

10 comments:

SalGal said...

What's MLM?

Mel said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! I too loved Elder Oaks talk and several others that I felt were "just for me":)

Millie said...

I hear you about hubby's sense of humor not always being welcome. Sometimes my hubby's jokes grate on me like fingernails on a chalkboard because I'm being serious about something and I'm like, CRAPOLA! Can you calm down for a half second? :) lol, poor guy. I trained him to be my court jester, I guess I shouldn't punish him for acting in his capacity.

Gina said...

You got to make-out on April fools day!? No fair!

I loved all the talks too. You are right, they seem to have a theme each time and really hit home. I liked the one on divorce too. Did you read the article in the Ensign this month about divorce as well? Excellent. Such great perspectives to remember when the going gets tough.

Dawnyel said...

salgal: MLM is My Life Monday. Stay tuned! :)

mel: NO, they were for me! LOL

Millie: Did our husbands get together sometime and just decide to drive us bonkers?? Or is it just a male thing??

liam's mom-gina: I DID read that article in the new Ensign. LOVED it as well!
And as for making out....yeah, but it was the first time in like 2 or 3 months!! :)

Anne/kq said...

It is just a crazy time of year, isn't it? Making out is INFINITELY better than jokes.

Although I kept waiting for President Hinckley to play one on us. ;)

Melzie said...

Making out *IS* fun.. but, so is driving them crazy. I completely forgot April Fools day this year. But, I'll do something soon...

See ya tomorrow!!!! YAY!!!

Lisa M. said...

I loved Conference too.

Being divorced, it is always interesting for me to listen to talks on the subjects.

Elder Oaks tackled it really well, with love and acceptance. I have to say, I love him, as well as his candor.

That was a good question for her to ask. I have a love hate relationship with those senses of humor too.

Suzanne said...

I loved Elder Oaks' talk as well! There were so many great talks! I'm glad you were able to visit with your friend. It's so fun to catch up with old friends, isn't it? :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I felt gypped on the Friday question. I had a reaaalllly good one too!!