Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Happy Day

I had such a wonderful birthday! I was happy from morning to night! :)
Steve asked me whether I wanted to go out for breakfast or lunch....since he had to get a chest x-ray anyway, I figured lunch would be fine.
I went to Cam's school for the first time in a month, and had SUCH a good time. Those kids are so fun!
Then we went to my parents' house after school to see if we could get a free babysitter. Of course, they did! :)
We did a few errands before deciding on Applebees. I used to LOVE the place, now?? Not so much! (I'm spoiled I guess!) We tried to eat lunch quickly, but the waitress was slow on service, and was never around.
We then rushed to Steve's doctor's appointment where we found out the man had like 4 different bugs that caused his pneumonia. The antibiotics killed 3 of them, but one was being stubborn. So the doctor gave us a prescription for another antibiotic (not covered by the study) and we were off to the bank....to make sure we'd have funds to cover the meds we'd have to buy.
We then went to Walmart where we dropped off the prescriptions and did some "shopping." We didn't buy much, but did look at birthday cakes...hoping to buy a cheap one, but the "cheap" ones are those itty bitty round ones that are like $3! Not enough to share with anyone else! So we decided NOT to get one...and it's a good thing!
When we went to pay for Steve's prescriptions, the lady ringing us up said, "Oh, icky!" We asked her HOW icky?? She said that the two prescriptions (he also has stuffed up sinuses) were $115!! WHOA! That IS icky! And that was also AFTER his insurance picked up about half! (Good thing we HAVE it!) But we decided that he DID need it, and we DO want him healthy, so we decided to make some sacrifices! (Some of our money for Steve's birthday night went toward it...but we're STILL planning on celebrating his 30th in a BIG way...the SAME way...we'll just have to come up with some other money!)
Then we went to my parents' house, and Steve offered to take my parents' exchange student to our house so he could borrow some movies. While they were off, taking Cameron with them, my mom decided that it was a PERFECT time to go shopping for my birthday gift from her. Every year she replenishes my wardrobe! LOVE it! So we were off to the store. I tried on so many outfits, but ended up with 5 pants/capris and 5 shirts! I'm so happy! :) My favorite new shirt is one I NEVER thought I'd like: a leopard print shirt! It's SO cute on me!! WOO HOO!
Then we went back to my parents' house where my mom determined that she didn't want to cook, and offered to take us out for my birthday dinner! Where did I want to go??? TEXAS ROADHOUSE!! We laughed and had a BLAST!
Then I borrowed Night at the Museum from my parents, came home where Steve and Cameron slept while I watched the movie. While I was watching the movie we got a call from Steve's mom. I ended up talking with her for an hour and a half! She and I have gotten so close...it's NICE! If you had asked me when I got married if I'd have that kind of relationship with my mother-in-law ever, I'd have laughed in your face! I'm so glad that people change! :)
Today I was reflecting on what a happy birthday I'd had, and then my doorbell rang...my bestest friend had sent me a half dozen peach roses! THEY ARE GORGEOUS!! She wrote me a lovely note that made me smile!
All in all...I had a wonderful birthday. I don't know if it could ever get better than spending time with my loved ones and just being happy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a very fun filled day. I love good days like that. I figured you were off having a good time since you never answered your free-for-all questions. I was hoping to bring you your favorite candy for a treat, but since I can't even get it now, I'll just have to remember for next year. :) I guess it's the thought that counts. Right?? :)

CareBearMommy said...

Man... I'm jealous. Your birthday was way better than mine. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! It sounds like it was a GREAT ONE! I love the shirt too! Who would have guessed?
Pretty roses...but I thought I was your bestest friend! haha
I can't believe what a crock price some meds are! I REALLY REALLY hope that Steve gets all better soon!

CareBearMommy said...

Now that you finally got that pic of you in the shirt posted, I just have one thing to say. Using the words of Austin Powers, "YEAH BABY!"

BTW...best of luck to your hubby. I hope he gets well quickly.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Happy birthday!! I'm glad you had such a great day!!

P.S. The leopard shirt does look adorable on you!! ROWR!! :)

Sketchy said...

Glad you had such a Happy Day! And that shirt is totally cute on you! LOVE IT!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday!!! You look way cute in your leopard print shirt. And of course, I think your peach roses are gorgeous! :)

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day. I luv the shirt.

Great Blog! I'll be back.

Melzie said...

OH! I missed your birthday-- gosh. I hate that I am so busy I miss birthdays. Happy belated!!!

nikko said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! What a happy day!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Lana said...

Happy Birthady!
That shirt is so cute :)