Monday, March 19, 2007

My Life Monday: Embarrassing Moments

Okay a few things before I do MLM.
  • Had to take Cameron to a surgical center today for some pretty heavy duty dental work. They have to put him to sleep, because he just couldn't handle staying awake...easier....blah... So he had 3 teeth pulled (one of the teeth had the permanent one coming up underneath it...you can totally see it!) The one tooth had a root break off, and since you aren't supposed to bother new permanent teeth (according to the dentist) the root piece will have to work it's way out...kinda like a normal baby tooth would. Then he ended up getting another sterling silver crown (he grinds his teeth, and ground through a previous one!) Then he had 3 fillings. It wasn't as bad as I had expected, but it wasn't fun either!! We were there for the majority of the morning, and had to stay extra time because Cam was feeling nauseous (and DID throw up) and just wouldn't stay awake. Note to self: anesthesia makes Cameron nauseous...REMEMBER THIS!!
  • Steve is doing marvelously! (Well, if you consider coughing his lungs out marvelous!) He was awake for most of the night last night, but he did get 3 consecutive hours of sleep!! It's not a huge step, but it's a good one! (And I've noticed he's been coughing less....thank heaven for blessings!)
  • And Cameron is going to be getting his second sedated MRI next Tuesday. Mom and I are just now starting to get hotel accommodations ready...we're such the procrastinators!
  • Oh, and ONE more thing...Dancing with the Stars is back!! YAY!! Mondays now have meaning again...since Heroes is on hiatus! (Poopy on those people who schedule big gaps between cliff hangers!! POO!) And I have a small connection to the show this time: the partner for Apollo Anton Ono is the niece of a man in my mom's ward. (Yeah, not a CLOSE connection, but I can say, "Hey!! I know that gal's uncle!")

Now that the pertinent information is done with...on with the show!

This week's topic is an embarrassing moment. GOSH!! Do I have to pick just ONE!? (hee hee)

Actually, I've had MANY moments in my life...if you ever want to get some dirt on me, just ask my friend Carrie, she's got a TON of stories!! And since she knows most of my embarrassing moments, I'll try to share two that she may not know!

The first one happened the summer I was engaged. My mom and I were getting ready to go to a women's fireside with Janice Kapp Perry. I was going to ask my mom some question, and I knew she was in her bathroom. Now my dad is a carpenter...therefore, he built (and is currently building) his house. Since he's been building the house, there is no door handles on my parents' master bathroom. I didn't think a thing about it, so I wandered into my mom's bathroom, thinking I could ask her the question, and leave. I got MORE than I bargained for! My dad was standing in the middle of the room STARK naked!! I got a view of EVERYTHING!! I immediately turned around, covered my peripheral vision, and went to the living room where I sat down and started silently singing Hymns.

A few minutes later my dad came out of his bathroom to find me on the couch. He was giggling and said, "Huh, you got an eyeful, did ya!?" (I can STILL hear his throat chuckle as he said this to me!!) The whole time he tried to talk to me I REFUSED to look him in the eye!! I mumbled something agreeable, and tried to think HAPPY thoughts!! (And when we went to the fireside, the stake president was on the stand, and I just knew that he could just look at me and know that I had just seen my dad naked...I just knew it!)

The second one just happened THIS week. I was talking with my neighbor. She and I are pretty good friends, and I had substituted in Primary for her and her husband. Her father-in-law is my landlord. So whenever I want to know what's going on with our building, I can talk to her. We started talking about how crappy my apartment is compared to most of the other apartments. I joked that we'd gladly move for a few weeks to get it upgraded. Usually what Gary (our landlord) will do is he'll wait for a family to move out of an apartment and he'll totally remodel the place...new flooring, new paint, new carpeting....

Anyway, she told me that they were currently putting a new floor into apartment #23, and she told me that the place was vacant, and I should just go down and see what they were doing. I got really excited, grabbed my shoes, grabbed Cameron and we were off.

We opened the door, and I noticed the basement door was open, and there was banging coming from the basement. I didn't want to be in there if someone else was too, so I started to grab Cameron's hand when he suddenly yelled out, "ANYBODY HERE!?"

Then an angry man's voice yelled back, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" It sounded like Gary, so I grabbed Cam's hand and we hurried to our van where we promptly left, and I counted to three in my head over and over and over!! I was just mortified!!

The next day I talked to Christy about it, and she was shocked. Gary hadn't been there, and even her HUSBAND told me that no one should have been there. They couldn't imagine someone doing that! Right now it's not so embarrassing, but at the time....ugh!

6 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I've got news for you, y'ol Dawl... I DID know about the incident with your Dad. You told me at your wedding reception! Of course, I died laughing when you told me. Once I started reading about it here, I knew what story you were gonna share. HEEHEE! Man! If I had ever seen MY dad naked, I don't think I would have survived to tell about it.

As for your second little story, yikes. I don't think I would have been embarrassed-- more, FREAKED OUT! I would have done exactly what you did, and gotten the heck out of there.

It's good that Steve is feeling better, even if it's just a slight improvement. As for Cameron... he's sure got a bunch going on, poor little guy. I bet you're glad the dentist appointment is over with. Best wishes with the MRI next week.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the sedated dentist. We had to do that with Alyssa she got 6 teeth pulled. NIGHTMARE, but I am so glad they could put her under. And I LOVE Dancing with the Stars and Heroes! This post had me laughing all over the place.

Suzanne said...

Oh...my...goodness!

If I ever saw my Dad naked I don't think I'd ever be able to face him again. I did walk into my parents' room once without knocking when he wasn't dressed, but he jumped under the covers so fast that I didn't see anything. My lesson learned: Knock! Always, always knock!

Thanks for sharing your stories! They made me giggle! :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

Let me know how the MRI goes. The baby sees the neurologist on April 12th.

Hope all goes well!! I'll have to think of a good question for this Friday. :)

Rachelle said...

LOL at seeing your dad naked. That is just the best story ever!

Rachelle said...

LOL at seeing your dad naked. That is just the best story ever!