Monday, February 26, 2007

Book Meme

The Rules of the game:
1. Find the nearest book to you.
2. Name the book and author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
5. Copy out the next 3 sentences and post to your blog.
6. Tag three other people.
Since I'm SO into Church history...my nearest book is Fire of the Covenant (I've either read or listened to this book 4 times now, and currently re-reading it for the 5th time...LOVE IT!!) by Gerald N. Lund (yeah, the guy who wrote The Work and the Glory series!)
"'Class starts in fifteen minutes. I can't even say hello to them. I don't know a word of Danish.'"
Geez, I thought I'd get more out of it than THAT!! Oh, well! I just bawl when I START this book, but if you are curious about the plight of the handcart pioneers, or more specifically the Willie and Martin handcart companies, this is a MUST read!
To be totally honest, if I could do ANY one thing in my life...I would love to just read and study about the early years of the Church. It's so interesting and just fascinating to me. My favorite year in seminary was the D&C year...when we got to study those stories in SCHOOL! It's just my favorite! Steve will tease me about knowing SO much about the W & G series...any time there was a quote from the recent movies, either on TV or on the radio, he'd look at me and ask, "So, what was happening at THAT part!?" (I've only read THAT series all the way through 7 or 8 times....but some of the individual books I've read MANY more times!) And the sad part, I could tell him...
I tag NO ONE....if you feel so inclined....go for it!

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CareBearMommy said...

Being the "Carrie" that I am, I have to point out something to you... I just wandered through your 100th post because I noticed it on your side bar. You mentioned you've read the Work and the Glory all the way through only THREE times (#91). That was less than a year ago. So, have you since read it like four more times?

HAHA! Maybe I'll go ahead and do this meme, too!

Dawnyel said...

Okay, so you're right...I forget, but I'm a mom...so I reserve that right to forget! :D