Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wandering Thoughts for My Sunday Afternoon

GETTING OUT: I'm in need of a HUGE nap...but here I am...checking in on my blog and my blog friends. I guess it's just a way for me to feel a part of something else. I feel like I'm not worrying so much about my own "problems" and life...more like I'm getting OUT, so to speak!

SINGING TIME OLYMPICS: I have to share my excitement for the day: Junior Primary FINALLY pulled ahead of Senior today! (It couldn't be that I rigged the judges a BIT, could it!?) I was talking with the judges about how disappointed the junior kids are and asked that they be a bit lenient on them. Those kids TRY sooooo hard, and get very little positive feedback, so I figured that we'd indulge them today, and it worked WONDERS! Those kids sang with ALL of their hearts, and it sounded SO good! I'm so proud of them! They scored 146 points today, but because they were being rowdy, they lost one. Senior got judged a little more rough, and only scored 121 points. So now the over-all scores stand at: Junior-466 and Senior-455.5. (We need to find a way to get RID of that ".5!") I'm just so proud of the kids now though! We've been singing the songs now without ANY helps and they are doing great! (Can't say the same for the chorister, but hey, I'm trying my best!) I still have a few leaves left on my fall tree, then we'll be doing name that tune and putting animals and people on my Noah's ark. I love having games PRE-made! It makes my life SO much easier!

HORNETS: And who knew hornets could be SO ornery? My mom got stung yesterday by one particularly nasty one, and today one was chasing Cameron around...and he didn't do anything to bother it! We had to scramble for the safety of my mom's house! Scary! I'm just glad he didn't get stung! But now the poor kid is being kept INSIDE, just in case that hornet is watching for us!

CARTOON PLANET: Okay, so here is some of my "weirdness" showing through, but I just sat down and watched TWO episodes of Cartoon Planet today. When I was in high school my small group of friends had a semi-religious following of this show! We'd sing the Brak songs and just laugh at the stupidness of the whole show! I can't believe it's STILL on TV! (Don't get me wrong, I was sorely disappointed when it was taken off, but they're STILL showing it!) I still can't believe that I remember those songs! I was singing along...my brother who is 10 years younger than me was looking at me and just shaking his head and clicking his tongue! (But he knew a skit too! SO HA!) I'm definitely going to have to watch this show MORE often! Watching it brings out the kid in me! :)

DEEP THOUGHT: "If you wear enough concealer, will you become invisible?"-my mom (and you wonder where I get it from!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea your Olympics!! Yeah Jr's!

Anonymous said...

That Olymipcs idea was truly inspired! It sounds like you are a VERY good primary song leader! In our ward the song director was replaced just 3 weeks ago...and their program was yesterday! Talk about a stressful intro to a calling!