Friday, September 08, 2006

Hopeful News and Poetry

After stewing over my problem all night (and finishing off my ice cream and dosing up on Midol) I'd decided that adding the extra hourly charge would be a good start to fixing my babysitting/doormat situation. If this doesn't fix the problem I'm going to have to stop watching the kids...I don't want it to end this way, but I've gotta think about my family first!
So this morning when the mom dropped the kids off I told her what I had decided and she was totally agreeable with it. She told me that she sat down last night and had a LONG conversation with her husband, convincing him of the error of his ways enough to cause him to lose sleep over it. I wasn't happy to hear that this situation had been causing not only MY family problems, but theirs as well. From what she told me things are looking up (finally) and he'll be taking care of his responsibility soon.
Today when he came to get the kids (on time!) I told him about the solution I had come up with...telling him that his wife was already aware of the situation, but I wanted to let him know what was going on too. He looked a bit shocked about my solution, but I hope it scared him at least a little! I'm feeling hopeful about the situation. I don't want to be used, but I don't want to leave my friend in a lurch either.
Now, for something happy! :)
My husband's aunt sent me this funny poem...It totally fits my mood for the day, so I thought I'd share!


I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer, "yes."
He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work...
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site
That I got SO way into...
I was into it all night.
Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney!

6 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I'm happy to hear that you were able to tell L and E's parents how you feel about the whole situation, and that you came up with a plan of action to take (with the extra charges, etc), should you need to. I hope everything works out, and that the kids' dad is taking you seriously. It's a good thing that you talked to each parent so they both have a clear understanding of where you stand on this.

By the way, I loved that poem. I've been dinking around on my computer for almost three hours now, and the house is a complete disaster. Thanks for sharing!

Mama D said...

I hope that business is all sorted out now and everyone will be more respectful of your time!

That poem is vaguely familiar to my life...

Mall Worker said...

I'm so glad that you came up with a decision everyone can work with. I really really hope that they are now more respectful.

Millie said...

Man, you really can't let people use you, can you? It makes you feel so crappy about yourself (and word gets around). I'm glad you decided to do this.

I LOVE THAT POEM. Seriously, "why is my house such a mess? I can't possibly imagine!!!"

Anonymous said...

I think thats a great solution Dawnyel. My sil sitter had a similar thing only she had set hours she would watch the kids, 7 am to 4:30 and anything before or after those hours intruded on her family time and she charged them extra for it.

And you are totally getting ripped here $80/mo for 2 kids? I'd say he should be bending over backwards to make sure you LOVE watching those kids. Don't feel guilty at all!

Melzie said...

YAY!!! :)