Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Candles Make Me Happy

My husband indulged one of my many fetishes tonight...he bought me 12 new yummy scented candles! I'm so excited for the cooler weather when I will light them up, to smell up my house. (I don't light them during the warm seasons when I have the windows wide open...why waste the smell on the outdoors?)
The scents I've picked for this coming season are Pumpkin Spice and Warm Apple Pie. I love scents that make my house smell like I've been cooking all day long, but in actuality I did nothing!
I've always loved candles. I can't walk past the candle shelves at Walmart without stopping to smell each and every candle...I'll sniff and sniff until I can't sniff no more! It's one of those things that I can't help myself with, and fortunately my husband shares in my obsession! (Thank goodness for that!)
What smells do you love to fill your home with?

6 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

TWELVE!?! You are one lucky gall. I am using the ones that make me feel like fall. I have burned the same three scents for the last several years. Salt City's Pumpkin Spice, Yankee's Harvest, and Salt city's Vanilla spice.

There is just something about those spicey candles that makes me think "Fall."

Andrew McAllister said...

For me the best smells are fresh baking, like biscuits or bread.

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

Melzie said...

*giggle* That's a lot of candles. But I shouldn't say too much-- I love them too :) My favorite scent is the "eggnog" at Target- only at Christmas. I buy them out every year. THOUGH! I found one that Yankee makes that smells just as heavenly. ;) I also have one calle d"paradise" that smells like a mixture of coconut, pineapple, and the outdoors/beach. Now I wanna light one-- but I woke up late. YIKES!

Mama D said...

Peter hates candles. I do not. Do you know anyone who sells 'PartyLite' candles. Maybe I've bought into the hype but after getting a few of those I can't go back... they are SO awesome.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I love the scents that make my home smell like I've been baking too. Mmm! I also like the merlot at Yankee Candle. Very grape-y and yummy.

Mall Worker said...

I love scented candles! Only problem is that Boo's Daddy won't let me burn them because they give him headaches!