Friday, August 04, 2006

Love That Family, Definitely Gonna Miss Them!

I'm back! Did you miss me!? I can't quite say that I really missed Blogger, but I did miss my friends!
This last week was so much fun, I wish it wasn't over! I love, love, LOVE my family! We have such fun times that I wish they were always here!! My aunt and uncle from Arizona came, along with my aunt and uncle from Minnesota, and my uncle from California, then my uncles from Utah came, and my aunt from Washington. Along with these travelers, we had the local aunts and uncles to join in the fun. I was sad that my aunt and uncle from North Carolina couldn't come, but with the price of gas, it would be a HUGE expense for them. But I know they were there in spirit!
On Monday, we had a huge dinner/meeting at my mom's house. We were debating about going camping for the week because both of my grandparents aren't doing well. My grandpa sprained his foot. I'm not exactly sure what all he did to it, but it was causing him all sorts of pain, to the point where we were wheeling him around in a wheel-chair. Then on Monday morning my grandma was complaining to my mom that she was way dizzy and didn't feel well. My mom told her to go to the doctor, and they told her that her blood pressure was all over the place and that she needed to stop worrying. (Now I know where I get my worry-ness from!) In the end we decided that going camping and getting the extra 28 people away from her house where she feels obligated to serve all of them constantly, would help the situation. Then that night was filled with games, laughter, and full bellies!
Tuesday was pretty normal for me, but that night we went to my grandparents' house for a weenie roast and re-acquaintance with the families. The laughter continued, and we all ended up laughing and having fun until 11:30 that night. (There were oodles of pictures taken, but unfortunately our camera is dead...I'm going to have to swipe some of the pictures from my mom, or my WONDERFUL aunts and uncles!!)
Early the next morning, we all packed up and went camping just an hour and half from home! I SO love living where I do...close enough for a quick drive that will take me away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to the beauty of the wild outdoors! We found that our camp-site was fairly vacant, set up, and promptly vegged!! My cousins from Arizona LOVE fishing, so they were out on the lake trying their luck. My cousins from California had brought a jet-ski and were out on the lake skiing. My dad was TRYING to get his boat to work properly so that he could give boat rides. And most of the rest of us were sitting around camp playing games or resting! It was HEAVEN!! Pretty soon, my dad got his 4-wheeler off of his truck and the rides began. I ended up taking one of my cousins on a ride around the area, and we had a ball! She was laughing harder than she had in a LONG time! After our bumpy ride, we went back to camp laughing and very relaxed!!
The next day many families wanted to go for a day trip to Yellowstone National Park. Don't get me wrong, Yellowstone is GORGEOUS...but once you've seen it, it's pretty much the same ol' stuff! My grandma was getting worse with her dizziness, so she had to stay, and several of us decided to keep her company. That was actually more of heaven than the day before, for the simple fact that my husband and Cam were with the group going to Yellowstone, and I was at camp...no worries, and completely free to do what I wanted!! Ahhhhh....Loved yesterday!! I ended up going on multiple 4-wheeler rides, just enjoying the beauty that surrounded me. I even got adventurous, and went up a pretty steep hill, only to realize after getting up it, that I had to get back down. SCARY!! I made it with no scrapes or cuts and felt good about it. Unfortunately I did bruise. I didn't notice it until today when we were getting ready to leave, and I couldn't figure out where it had come from, then I remembered my bouncy, bumpy rides....ah, the thrill of discovery!!
That night a small storm blew in, but it was NICE! Like I've said before, I love rain, and it's not an official camping trip without a rainstorm!!
Then this morning we all packed up and left. It was so fun. I didn't want it to end. I didn't want my family to leave, and I wanted to be free to do those things forever!! But things end, and change, but hopefully, I'll remember these fun times, and will remember the fun times when things get rough! Hopefully, pictures will follow soon!

5 comments:

Melzie said...

Now I miss my family even more. *sigh* :) Seriously though- glad it was wonderful!!!

Millie said...

I envy your very fun time. :) My sister's wedding next month will be the next time I see my extended family. It sounds like you had fun together!

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad that you had such a happy and fun time. That's a bummer about your camera, though, dude. I hope to see some cool pics soon. Family reunions are a blast, and camping is awesome. At least you don't have a toddler to chase around while camping (that's a pain in the but)! By the way, did you go camping somewhere in Island Park?

Mall Worker said...

That sounds like such a fun time! I haven't been to a family reunion type thing since I was a teenager. Now that I'm older and would appreciate it a lot more, I would love to do one! Perhaps if our reunions were as fun as yours were, it wouldn't have been so tedious!

Mama D said...

Wow! I think it's so great how much you love and miss your family.

I love my family too but I have to admit when we are all together I get a bit stressed out. It's a little too intense for me.