Sunday, August 06, 2006

Just a Few Pictures

I figured that while I'm at my parents' house I'd get some of those promised pictures for you all to view. (If any family is currently reading or viewing this...let's exchange pictures....)


This is the closest we could get to the original 12 children as we could under the circumstances. Two were actually unable to make it, so their pictures were put in, so they wouldn't be left out!




I just laughed when this picture was snapped. They decided to take "funny face" pictures and my Aunt Judy decided to pick on younger brother John, by picking his nose. (Okay, so I'm weird!)


This is our version of the WHOLE stinkin' clan! We had every camera take ONE picture of the whole group. I don't think this one turned out too badly. This is why we need to get together to exchange the pictures....some are bound to be better than others...

This is JUST the grandchildren who showed up. There are many who aren't there, but as you can see...I come from a LARGE family! (Makes for fun times!)

This is one of the two shots our family got taken after the group shots were done. Why is my mom's mouth open like that!? OH! That reminds me...if you look closely, you'll notice we're wearing numbers on our shirts. At the last family reunion we came up with a number system for who goes with who. How it works is this: The first number is the original sibling's birth-order number...my mom is number "6", so our first number is 6. Then you take the second number from birth order after that....so my number is 6-1. Cam is 6-1-1...and so on.... My youngest brother is 6-6...he's determined to have 6 children so that his last child will be 6-6-6. What a goof!!


This is the last picture I'll share right now. This is our "nice" picture. My sister and her husband weren't able to make it to this part of the reunion, and my other brother was off doing...something. But I think it turned out nicely!

Like I said before, we had a ball, and I can't wait to get together with these people again! (If you want to see more pictures, you can look at my flickr account. I've used up most of my monthly allotment just uploading a FEW of the pictures!)

I apologize for the pixelly pictures...Dang that Blogger!! The clearer pictures are on my flickr account. Growl!

6 comments:

Millie said...

Looks like a fun group to be from - I love the one of your aunt picking the picture's nose!! And she's so serious about it! Funny!

Mama D said...

That is one huge family. I can't believe all the trouble you guys go to with the shirts and stuff. Neat.

Blackeyedsue said...

Dawnyel, your family looks like such a fun group of people. I love the numbering system. My mom is the oldest of eight, so I guess that would make me 1-1, and my oldest 1-1-1. I could get used to that.

Mall Worker said...

THe pictures made it look so fun! Your family looks like a lot of fun!

Melzie said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!! Love the numbering system too! :) We never have family reunions.. it'sa good thing though. I envy your family. :)

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time!

Where was the reunion?

This year we didn't manage to get many pics at ours...wasn't too smart was it? Oh well...next year right!