Thursday, August 31, 2006

Labor Day Weekend Traditions

Enough of that SCARY face! Now back to my SCARY writing...
Actually, I'm getting ready to leave town for the weekend. It's our family tradition to go camping for Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. And usually Labor Day weekend is spent one of two ways: hunting or shopping.
Labor Day weekend is opening season for bow hunting. It's the time of year that all of the men in my family get dolled up in their camos, paint their faces ugly colors, bathe in no-smell-em soaps, and hunt from sun up to sun down. With the men gone us ladies really don't do too much. Sleep, eat, watch DVD's (yes, we're spoiled!)...but our favorite tradition is going bargain hunting at Kings in Salmon. (And I got a decent babysitting check today...can we say, "YAH HOO!"?) Usually on camping trips the men do the cooking (in dutch ovens...naturally), but on THIS weekend the women-folk do the cookin'. I'm really excited to go. There are some new twists involved with our usual trip, (my grandpa is threatening a boycot, one of my uncles can't come, and pending divorce couple issues...) but I'm sure it will all go well.
So, I will miss you all, but I know you'll do just fine without my CRAZY-ness! :)

7 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend of bargin shopping!!

Kim said...

Yay for shopping at the Salmon Kings! When my mom and I went to Leadore a few years ago for the Old Time Fiddlers weekend, we were so bored that I dragged her into Salmon to go shopping!!! I am jealous that you are camping. I am flying to Jo's tomorrow night after school for her wedding on Saturday. Much loves and hoping for some awesome deals!

CareBearMommy said...

Oh, goody goody for you. I hope you have fun on your camping trip. Of course, we all know that you will fill us in with the details when you get back. (I could have gone camping this weekend on our ward campout, but I am THROUGH with camping while preggo. It about killed me in July.)

BTW... it's nice to read your scary words once again.

Blackeyedsue said...

Have a good time!

Melzie said...

OH MY GOSH!! I'm near Salmon!!!!!!!

CRUD, so serious-- we could get down there easily. yup yup yup!!

Kristine said...

Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

Sounds like fun! Have a great weekend.