Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I Feel Like Something Is Wrong With Me....But Life STILL Goes ON!!

I'm so sorry about my last attempt at posting. I will get the official comic from the website once it allows me to! The gist of the thing is the dad was trying to show his kids how to use the slip-n-slide and FLOP! He fell on his gut...hurting himself. Like I said, once I can get the official copy, and not my sad try at scanning...you'll see it for yourselves!
The last 2 days have just worn me out! I've been babysitting the two kids I usually watch until 5:00 both nights. And since Cam and little L don't get along very well it's been a challenge for me in keeping my cool. (I have lost it a few times!) Otherwise life is good!
I thought I was going to have the next few days off from babysitting, but I was mistaken. Little L's dad just had surgery today and he's gonna need me to keep track of the kids for a few hours while he rests and recoups. I don't know what it is about men and getting sick or having surgery, but they turn into babies themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm whiny when I get sick or have surgery too, but I have to keep going. There's no one to wait on me hand and foot. I'm the mom...Mom's aren't allowed to get sick!!
I can't believe that summer is nearly over. School is going to be starting back up in a few weeks, and at that time I'll find out what schedule Cam will have for Kindergarten. I don't feel old enough to have a kindergartner!! We decided that what's best for Cam is to go to the normal kindergarten, but have an aide who will help keep him on task. I'm supposed to call the principal sometime this week to confirm this arrangement, but do you think my sleep-deprived brain could remember that!? Ack!!
I truly hope I feel better soon! I don't know if I can survive this week if this schedule persists! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I wish you the bestest of luck! I understand your furstrations on the babysitting front. Boo and his cousin sometimes don't get along and it really makes me mad! The nice thing about being an aunt is playing with your niece and then leaving, not having to actually do the mom work!

I hope things get better for you soon!

Melzie said...

oh no!! I hope "normal" gets back with you soon. Mom's aren't allowed to get sick are we? We still do what we can do- maybe not it all-- but I certainly do more sick than my husband does well! LOL ;)

Blackeyedsue said...

LUCK!!! I think you deserve a vay-cay. Again.

CareBearMommy said...

You'd better be getting lots of good massages for all the stress you're being put through. And, seriously... one of these days, you should have THEM babysit Cameron for you so you can have some ALONE time! Or, at least go on a date with your hubby. Then, maybe they will more appreciate what you have to go through every time you watch THEIR kids.

Kristine said...

It is so hard to take care of kids when they do not get along! I wish you lots of luck on that front. I totally know what you mean about moms not ever getting the chacne to really be sick...here's hoping for a year of good health!