Sunday, August 13, 2006

Grateful Day

I'm determined to be more positive!!
For the last little while I've been completely in the dumps. I think I've just been to focused on myself and that has GOT to change! TODAY!!
I read Stephanie's post from Friday, and determined that I'm going to have a grateful day, just because I need it!
  • I'm grateful for my faith. There are times when I get to feeling sorry for myself, but then I remember that I'm NOT alone! There is someone who totally understands everything I'm going through and is willing to help me through those rough times. I'm grateful for Him and that he loves me no matter what I've done or who I've become! He is my brother, and I love him for that!
  • I'm grateful for a loving husband. He tries so hard to help me when I get weepy or upset. I know he's trying to help me when he offers his advice and that he wants me to be happy. He is a sweet man who truly cares about me and our son.
  • I'm grateful that I was once able to get pregnant and that I was blessed with my son. Everyday that I see him, I realize what a miracle he is! He may act bratty at times, but he is my life's joy! He loves me, and tells me often that he does. He has shown me that I have more in me than I thought was there!
  • I'm grateful for my mother. She is always there to help me laugh at myself, show me my mistakes, and just be there for me. She is my best friend (other than my sweet husband) and I can honestly say that I love her and I'm glad that we were put together as mother and daughter.
  • I'm grateful I'm in relatively good health. I may have those few sick days, but I'm not in chronic pain everyday of my life. I can walk around, and take care of my son (and a few other children as well...) I'm glad I can move pain-free!

I'm feeling a little better. I'm going to make a longer list of things, and hope to post more at another time! I just need to stop internalizing EVERY little thing that I encounter in my life!

5 comments:

Melzie said...

I made up one of these lists- only in my head- last night on my bike ride. :)

Mall Worker said...

Great list! I think I need to start doing these when I get down when things look not so positive!

Anonymous said...

Great idea sweetie! Sometimes it is so easy to forget your blessings. I especially needed this post today. Thank you

Blackeyedsue said...

You weren't supposed to make me cry! Your post is beautiful! I am so glad you are feeling better.

I have been practicing this gratitiude thing all weekend, it sure changes your perspective.

Mama D said...

That is an excellent idea. I think we all need to sit ourselves down sometimes and think about everything that we have and everything that is good in our lives. Good for you!