Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday, Monday

I feel a little lost. I have nothing to do for My Life Monday! I guess I'll just have to find something else to talk about.
Today was a weird day. All weekend I've been working on making tile pictures. (Two for a family reunion, and one for a friend's birthday.) Anyway, I figured that I should get them going, since I have to have them done by the end of the month. So yesterday I painted the two for the family reunion and then I took them home to cut and glue the pieces on. (I've had my friend's done for a while...)
Steve had to work last night, so I thought I'd stay awake until he got home. I worked and worked and finally, after hours of work, they were finished (well, without the resin on them anyway!) As I was sitting on my comfy couch looking at my progress, I noticed that one looked too orange. So I grabbed some white paint that I just happened to have and added some white squares to it. It really helped it...so then I added some more color to the other picture...it was kinda blah! Anyway, around midnight I got it looking the way I wanted and was satisfied. Then a little while later my husband came home from work. We stayed up for a while watching Iron Chef America and just talking about what we'd done since last seeing each other. Then I decided that I should go to bed, and I did. I read some of the Ensign and then turned off the light and ATTEMPTED to sleep.
I don't know what it is about the lights being out, but it's a signal to my hubby that he should start tickling me. I wasn't going to put up with it, so I fought back. We ended up having a huge tickle war, completely messing up the bed, losing some hair, and catching our breath for a while. Anyway, to make a long story short, he decided to retaliate against my superior tickle skills by getting his cologne. Once I started getting his ticklish spots he started spraying me with the cologne...good plan, right?? WRONG!! We have several fans blowing the air around in our room and the fan blew the spray directly into my eyes and in my mouth. I was miserable. I flushed out my eye to stop the stinging, but it still hurt a little. PLUS, I couldn't even lick my own lips without having the taste of cologne in my mouth...YUCK! Anyway, that was the END of our tickle war...it was 2:30 in the morning!
So after that LONG night, I had to get Cam ready for school at 7:30!! I didn't get NEARLY enough sleep! As soon as I left the bed my husband, who happened to have today off, rolled to my side of the bed and grabbed my pillows and went back to sleep. I wanted to punch the guy!! SO NOT FAIR!! After I got him off to school I had to get ready for our Pioneer Primary activity. I wish they hadn't made it for 10 am....yucko time! But I went and as the kids were shaking jars of cream into butter we would sing fun pioneer songs. The kids had a blast!
Then I went home and we had planned to see a huge flag display and take some pictures. Unfortunately, they started taking the flags down today....SAD! So we turned around and went to my mom's house.
As soon as we got there I was wiped out, and Cam was beginning to show his whiney, cranky side, so I determined it was naptime! We napped for a couple of hours, and then I got up to help make dinner! Then I FINALLY went online for the day (I'm so proud!) And I found that NO ONE commented on my last post! HOW SAD for me! (No, don't feel guitly and go back and comment....it's fine...I understand...not all of them can be exciting!!)
Then as I was typing up this post Cam rushed past me to the bathroom and I hear a high pitched whine coming from the bathroom. I'd heard the same whine yesterday in church when he thought that the primary presidency had forgotten that he was the prayer....another fun story.... Anyway,I hurried in the bathroom to see what was wrong. He held out his fingers to me...he'd accidentally pooped his pants. He was devastated. Poor kid. I cleaned him up, and sent him on his way. He kept whining over and over that he didn't want to poop his pants anymore, and I kept reassuring him that it was an accident and that it was okay. I hope he's not traumatized now because of it!
Now, I have a whining husband who wants to go home, watch a movie and probably start ANOTHER tickle fight....I've got the water ready, just in case!

6 comments:

Mama D said...

In my defense I was going to comment on your last post today and my internet was cablooie. So, I couldn't. I did finish your tag. I tried to make my awful school memories slightly humorous. Don't say I didn't warn you.

How did you make those tile pictures? They are really cool.

The whole time I was reading this post I kept thinking. "Oh man, she should really go to bed!" I am a sucker for sleep. I should totally go do that now...

Mall Worker said...

That tickle war bit made me laugh! My ex and I used to do the same thing, colonge and all!!!!!

Millie said...

I am so jealous of you for having a hubby who likes to tickle. Mine was traumatized as a child, by his older sister sitting on him and tickling him till he cried. Which is sad, but kind of funny now that he's 6 feet tall and 250 pounds and has a short little wife who couldn't do any amount of damage.

Dawnyel said...

Mama D: Making those pictures is REALLY easy!! All you do is cut and glue...oh, and paint! I just paint the boards (my dad cut LOTS for us!! but you can find the boards in craft stores...usually!) After I paint the boards I cut a calendar page to fit the "tiles." After I get the paper cut I just glue it down...LIKE REALLY REALLY well...otherwise the next part will mess it up! Once I get it looking the way I want, I mix some resin and pour it over the board and let it harden for a day. While the resin is on the board (and still wet) I put on a picture frame on it. Then it's PERMANENT!! It's really easy and I love to make them! It's one crafty thing that I have the patience for....give me painting projects ANYDAY...over embroidery!! :P
Naddin: Don't be jealous...sometimes we can SERIOUSLY hurt each other....but other times it's okay.
I'm seriously thinking about hiding the cologne!! YUCK!!

Blackeyedsue said...

Dawnyel, you are WAY to talented! Those pictures are amazing. I have never had the patience to finish one.

Gotta love Iron Chef. Was that the one with Bobby Flay? I think we watched that one.

As for the tickle fight...do it again sans the cologne. I am spitting nails jealous too! My DH just isn't that playful.

Lynanne said...

Oh wow, those pictures are awesome! You make it sound so easy but I know I'd muck it up somehow.

I can't say I've ever had a tickle war with my husband. I've tried but he's not ticklish. I can't start a battle I know I'll lose. LOL!