Monday, February 27, 2006

Funny story....

I am wiped out from Primary today! The other chorister was sick and the person she asked to substitute for her was uncomfortable with the songs and the things she had planned, so I helped out and just did both Junior and Senior Primary for today. Lately I've been going to a marriage and family relationship class which has been immensely helpful, but today I had to miss it because of the music times. Anyway, during the sharing time portion of the time they were discussing the gospel standards which is a new thing that they have for the little kids which helps them know what the church believes. One of those is I will not eat or drink anything which is harmful to my body. They were discussing how alcohol is bad and you shouldn't drink it and a small kid (I hope it wasn't Cam) piped up and said, "My dad drinks alcohol!" Most of the teachers had to choke back their natural response to laugh out loud. I was saying I hope Cam didn't say it only because he likes to say that we do things that we don't really do only to be a part of the conversation. Then the teacher who was in charge of the lesson thanked the kids for listening to her and Cam chimed in with a loud, "WELCOME!" I definitely got a good laugh out of the whole thing!

2 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad you had fun in Primary yesterday. Primary is always so much fun. The little kids' off-the-wall comments just make it even better! That's too bad about you havin' to miss your class and all, though. You're a good person to sacrifice your plans in order to help out someone else.


I remember how things used to be with you and your sister. Life is full of changes, and while not ALL changes are bad, some (like the one with your sis) are just down right depressing and difficult to bare. I guess it's all part of growing up and moving on. Sometimes I just wish that everything could stay the same. However, if that were to happen, we'd never get anywhere in life. Hmmmm....... ANYhoo, I'm glad that we're still friends after some twenty plus years.

Mattsmom said...

I too am sooo greatful for change!
Although a lot of the time change is a crappy deal...like when my laptop changed from working to not working :( And for example when Matthew changed from smiling to throwing up this weekend :(
But I truly enjoyed the change from not married to married...and from not being friends with you to being good friends! :) And I hope to soon enjoy the change from not having Yahoo messenger to getting my computer back with it! Which could happen this week (but I am not getting my hopes up too high...les they be dashed)!