Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Is In the Air

We had a very nice Valentine's Day this year.
I've tried to continue the tradition that my mom had of giving to my children as well as my sweetheart. She always gave us something small and I loved it. This year we gave our boys a small heart filled with chocolate and bubbles and bouncy balls. When Cam saw it he said, "That's it?" Gee, have I not taught my child to be grateful?? So I told him that he needed to be grateful for anything he gets and that if he didn't like that, then he could have nothing. He stopped complaining after that.
Steve sent me a beautiful bouquet of lilies and carnations that he designed himself. I think they're gorgeous. Then my visiting teacher came by with a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. So Jake and I ate pizza for lunch, it was great.
I sent Steve a huge balloon bouquet, and Jake thought they were for him. It was quite cute.
And after we had finished, I got a message that I'd won a cool Valentine's gift basket from a friend. How cool is THAT!?
Over all it was a wonderful day, filled with lots of love and happiness. I need days like that EVERY week.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Fun!!!!! We did a 'small' gift, too. Luckily Tanner and Taylor were thrilled with their dollars-store 'how to train your dragon' coloring books. :)