Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful November

Scriptures
I've got a group of friends who have encouraged me to read my scriptures daily. This is something I've struggled with for years. Usually, I get motivated, and start out gung-ho, but then lose interest half-way through. Since my friends are doing it too, I'm a little more motivated this time and I'm doing well. Thanks to this website, it's easy and SO fun.
I love the stories that they tell us, and knowing that Heavenly Father has preserved these words for our day and age is something that is humbling. It's so important, and I am grateful to have them in my life.
I learn new things everytime I read them. Someone once told me that if it was something that is IN the scriptures (particularly the Book of Mormon) then there is something there for us to learn. Ancient prophets spent lots of time, effort, and sometimes even gave their lives for those words. Shouldn't it be that important to us?

No comments: