Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crashing Kids

Two days ago, I was at my mom's house and when my dad got home, he went outside so the boys can play. (They LOVE being outside....but since we live in a creepy neighborhood, they can only go outside when we're at grandma's house.) Anyway, my dad was being a good grandpa, and playing with them, letting them play...
A while later Cameron comes inside my parents' house just CRYING. He'd been riding his bike too fast and crashed. He scraped up his chin, wrist, chest, and ankle. I put some bandages on his scrapes and tried to calm him down. He would NOT stop boobing and whining.
We were eating dinner and I KNEW he was hungry, but he wouldn't eat because, "It hurts my owie, mommy."
Okay, that's a LITTLE too much. If you put the food IN your mouth and not on your chin, you should be FINE!
*eye roll*
He whined the rest of the night. He even whined this morning. Seriously, it's getting old! You're fine, kid.
This morning I sent Cam off to the Learning Center, came home, and let Jake wander the house. He LOVES to play when Cam's not here bossing him around. Well, I came on the computer and let him go. I hadn't put up our baby gate at the bottom of the stairs, and Jake took the opportunity to go upstairs and play in his bedroom.
After a while I got up to see what he was doing and soon I hear the *thump* *thump* *thump* of a baby falling down the stairs, HEAD first!
He's okay, but a little shaken up. (I'm actually hoping that he'll learn that he CAN'T go down the stairs that way anymore. He has NO fear when it comes to stairs...and he'll walk DOWN them if he can....)
I promise I'm not abusing them! I promise...they're just klutzy....a lot like their mom. *blush*

2 comments:

Jewelle said...

Letting them bump and crash is the only way they'll learn! It can be scary to go through that process though! LOL!

Rebekah said...

I totally know this feeling. Jonathan rolls off our bed all the time. Yes, I shouldn've learned not to leave him alone the first time he rolled off, but when you have to pee, you run. This last time, I really didn't feel bad. I told my dad about and he laughed. He said, "You've finally reached a pinical turning point in parenthood- letting your child learn NOT to do things on their own."

Does it make me a bad parent? I hope not. Beacause if your parents laugh about it, I'm sure it's no big deal.

I don't think you're a bad mom. I think you're just letting Jake grow up a little on his own now.