Saturday, March 29, 2008

Overwhelming

My sister called me yesterday (she's been in town all week long...) she told me she had some "good news/bad news" information. I told her just to tell me what was going on.
The good news was that my cousin had her baby yesterday (congrats to baby Tayem by the way....I hear he's adorable!)
The bad news was that my grandma had a heart attack and was in the hospital.
Honestly, I was shocked by the whole thing. My grandma has been sick for a while, and has had what they have THOUGHT were heart attacks, but nothing has actually come from it. At first I was just in shock, and it didn't really sink in. But now, I'm freaking out a little.
I'm sure she'll be okay....after a while, but it's scary to think about my grandpa and uncle being alone. Neither one of them can function without her. I hope all turns out to be all right! (I was even awake for a few hours in the middle of the night because I started worrying about everything....yeah, I usually wait until I need to be sleeping before things sink in....)
I also started worrying about an article I was asked to write for the Relief Society newsletter. I was supposed to pick my favorite article from November's Ensign and write about it. Well, I didn't FIND my November Ensign until 2 days ago...and I've only read a few articles. I'm such a procrastinator....I guess I should write that soon....
I've also come to the realization that I have scout stuff going on this next month, and I have NO idea what to do. AAAAAAGH!! I need wheelly good ideas....anyone? :)

3 comments:

Mattsmom said...

First off...I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she will recover soon!

Second, are you limited by where or what kind of things you can do for scouts? Is there a theme. I once heard of a "service scavenger hunt", where the boys go to homes in the ward and rake leaves, take out their trash, wash windows...stuff like that.

That's all I've got.

Good luck!

Elena said...

You should look at the link Nick and Kacey on my blog. She has a cute scout activity video that her scouts did. Don't know if it will work for you or not, but maybe it will spark a brilliant idea. AND, I had NO idea your grandma was in the hospital. Is she still in?

Anne/kq said...

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. You know you can get the Ensign online, right? And that way you can even search ideas for other thoughts related to the topic.