Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A World Free of Complaints

A LONG time ago I signed up to get these little purple bracelets for my family to help remind us not to complain. The idea is that when you complain, gossip, or say something that isn't nice that you take the bracelet and switch it to the opposite wrist. The goal is to have it on the same wrist for 21 consecutive days....in a way, making a new habit. Hard to do?? Yes, but it's possible!
So far, I have yet to find an HOUR when I don't need to switch my bracelet. Am I really that negative?? When I look at it I do think that I need to make more of an effort to speak kindly, and positively. It's SO hard for me! *switching the bracelet* But I can do it?? Right??
How wonderful the WHOLE world would be if we ALL could think about being more kind with our words. Hurt feelings would NOT even exist! We wouldn't be afraid to speak our minds, and when we DID speak our minds it would be with constructive advice instead of mean words.
I dream of a time when life can be like that, until then I will work on myself....

5 comments:

Sketchy said...

That's really a good idea Dawnyel! A great way to help redirect your thoughts. Good for you!

CareBearMommy said...

Wow. That's a good idea. I bet that really helps you become more aware of your thoughts and words.... I should really try something like that. I'm a VERY negative person. :( Anywho, I hope it works for you.

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, Dawnyel, do you think that anyone could actually go a full 21 days? That would be really neat, but I'm like you and I have to work on things. Wha ta fun idea!

Elena said...

Fun way to remind yourself. I saw you today in K-Mart, but I was on the other side of the store (looking at backpacks) so didn't say hi. So here I am saying "hi"! Do you ever wonder how many people see you when you don't even know it? (Should have saved that for a Friday. :) )

Blackeyedsue said...

I just got mine yesterday. OMG, it is the HARDEST thing in the entire world to do!!! I have been in complaining mode for months (but you knnow that already) and it is going to be a HARD habit to break. Lei noticed mine in my picture and commented on it, so I put a little blurb in the side of my bloggy.

We can do this, Right?