Saturday, June 30, 2007

High School Reunion


Tonight I went to my 10 year high school reunion....and it was BORING! Maybe it was the fact that NONE of my group of friends was there....or the fact that the event was poorly planned, but I really wish it had gone better. There is more tomorrow, so I'm hoping for more fun.
Tonight I did catch up with a FEW people...included was my second grade boyfriend. And for those of you who love my memories as much as I do, I present: The Story of the "Net."
When I was in second grade there was a chain link fence at the back of the field. It was broken at one part, and it was discovered that you could easily convert that little part of fence into a net which could easily hold a little kid.
One time I was at the back of the field playing with my friend, Carrie, and Chris and one of his friends came up to us. Somehow...I don't really remember how, Chris and his friend had managed to get me into the net. After I was trapped, Chris began *kissing* me!! I was moving and trying to get out, but NO ONE would help.....NOT EVEN CARRIE!!! She just stood there and laughed!!
Chris was at the reunion tonight and was wearing a ring, I asked him where his wife was, and he said, "I'm not married, I just wear this ring to throw off stupid girls." At that I pretended to be offended and tried to walk away. We had a good conversation.
I saw my friend, Jared, who decided that he was gay. He's balding, so I asked if I could rub his head...and he let me! :)
I had a good conversation with our former Student Body President, Kalana, and her husband. They told us many horror stories of their years in Los Angeles. Their wards were VERY different from the Idaho wards I know!
Then we had a special presentation of those who have died. A quick update on those who are in the military (one of the guys I had A HUGE crush on is in the Navy...he was one I really had hoped would be here....he was a fun guy!) And then they showed a quick nine minuted video of a tape we made in my seventh grade World History class. I was one of the ones showed....and all I said was, "My name is Dawnyel, and I like to read and camp." Simple....but HORRIBLE clothing choices!! The BEST one on the tape was a girl named Andrea, she got up and said, "My name is Andrea, and I'm obnoxious!" Then she proceeded to belch!! I caught up to her and she was HORRIFIED!! But she is pretty much the same as she was in school....laid back and fun loving!
Tomorrow is the family oriented activity. I hope that it goes better for me than tonight! (Maybe I'll have a friend or two to hang out with!)

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Sorry you didn't have much fun! I hope you have more fun tomorrow. (I intend to go to absolutely none of my reunions. If they can even find me, ha! The only people I really want to see from HS I still either am friends with or get occasional news of from people I am friends with.)

I have to say that I ADORE my L.A. ward, and would not live anywhere but the L.A. area-- actually my specific stake. *nose in the air*

Anne/kq said...

(0oops, that was me. I forgot that I was still logged in with my husband's account to view my sister-in-law's private blog!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you were bored...and I appologize that it was kinda my fault. But since you are the only person that I care to see that went to the reunion I couldn't justify spending $44 to go. I will see you this afternoon though. And we will romp and play.

Sketchy said...

Hopefully you are having fun friend-filled family-center frivolity. I didn't go to my 10 year, we didn't really have the extra money and I figured not much would have changed yet. I'm almost to my 20 year reunion though...oh the insanity!!

Dawnyel said...

LOL...scary thing Anne....Our class (or was he SB VP) vice pres NAME is Jeff...and he lives in LA...so when I saw "jeff" I freaked out thinking HE HAD FOUND ME!! LOL

CareBearMommy said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the name Jeff! HAHA!

ANYwho, I'm still kinda sad that I couldn't make it, even if you were bored. That's great that you were able to catch up with a few old friends, though.

Suzanne said...

LOL at getting kisses while you were stuck in the "net"! I thought the boys were going to hurt you. Although, maybe he did. I can't imagine that a 2nd grader would be that gentle or great of a kisser. I hope you're not scarred for life! :D

That's too bad about not many people being at your reunion. Ditto for my 10-year last summer. I saw a few friends, but not as many as I'd hoped. I hope the family portion goes better tonight!

BTW, in the large group picture, where are you in it???