Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Feet are Swollen, and They Kinda Stink...

Today was VERY interesting! We spent it moving Steve's parents out of their dilapidated old home and into a very trendy apartment. (Okay, so the apartment feels like it's in a retirement community, but it's SO much nicer than their house was!!)
For YEARS we've been concerned with the building his parents called home. (I can officially say "called!" YAY!!) It leaked, it smelled like mildew had a doggie, and they had a very stinky baby....The upstairs was not level...I went up there for the first time EVER, and felt like I was going to fall through the floor!! It was FREAKY! Things were constantly breaking on them, and it was just a BAD place to live. It should have been condemned decades ago...and not just recently!
Anyway, we woke up pretty early and, borrowing my dad's AWESOME diesel truck, drove the hour to their home. We got the list of things that were to go to the new apartment and things that were supposed to go to their storage space, and his parents left us with some young, energetic Elders! (Yay for helpful priesthood holders!) Within an hour we had the main things packed and ready to go! It was AMAZING! We had one truck, that also had a trailer, drive to the apartment and we took my dad's truck to the storage place. WE had EVERYTHING unloaded super fast!!
We did a LOT of running from one place to the other, even a quick trip to my brother-in-law's apartment, and another quick stop for lunch. It was nice! We talked, laughed and constantly commented on how GLAD we were that they were OUT of that place!
After being on my feet all day they are EXTREMELY swollen and very stinky. (Even if I had just worn my shoes for a few minutes they would smell this bad...I just smell bad!) I'm REALLY glad to be home, and now that I've told my quick synopsis of the day, I'm glad to be going to bed...and VERY glad that I've got 1:00 church!! YAY!

6 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Yay for getting Steve's parents all moved out of that icky house. It sounds like you had a busy day.

I remember your stinky feet.... the thing I remember the MOST is when you'd take them off at my house in my bedroom, and within a minute or so, the whole flippin' room would stink.

I wish I had 1:00 church. I have 9:00, and it is now 1:30 AM. BLECH!

I have a good life said...

Like your blog!

Sounds like one of those days where you are exhausted at the end, but feel so accomplished in the process!

Hurrah for late church (mine is at 1:30)!

Mama D said...

I hope you had a chance to soak your swollen, stinky feet in a nice bath!

Anonymous said...

sounds fun...but I can say that I am glad it wasn't me! I am so sick of moving people I won't be sad if it is a LONG time before I have to dao it again! In college...because Craig had a truck, Craig got calls almost every weekend to help people move. And since we were soft hearted people, we went almost every time!

Do you need some Dr. Shoals?

Sketchy said...

That must be such a load off your mind to have them out of that place...and yes that was a pun for the next...now take a load off your feet and soak them in a nice tub!

Millie said...

PYEW!!!

I'm glad that Steve's parents are in a nice new place. That must be a huge relief!