Monday, March 26, 2007

Crazy Monday

My Life Monday will have to wait for me!
Today I'm off for Cameron's second MRI. I just looked online at the hotel I booked a spot at, ugh...I should have looked there FIRST! It's kind of a crappy place, but I guess you get what you get when you book a room for only $39!! Sheesh!
I had to take Steve to his pneumonia doctor visit today. It went well...although when we had scheduled the appointment we completely forgot that Cam had Spring Break! DUH!! We were just a little distracted! Anyway, he's doing well, but still has a major cough. So the doctor prescribed him some heavy duty cough meds. We went to the bank (hooray for cool doctors who pay YOU to see them!) and then made a trip to the Walmart pharmacy. They told Steve that it would take 25 minutes for the prescription to be ready...it was already 10:30. I guess he wasn't thinking, because he had to leave town at 11:00 to get to work for today (which I didn't realize was OUT of town today!) So we wandered around for the time, and the when it was time to pick it up, the pick up line was HUGE, so we decided to just leave, and he'd go back later to pick it up. We hurried to my mom's house and he dropped us off and was off! What a punk....I can't quite read his mind, yet. Guess that's something in our marriage that we need to work on!
Tomorrow we have the MRI, and I'm going to attempt to convince the radiologist to share his information with U of U, so we only have to do ONE scan. I hope I can be convincing!
Here's a funny story to get you by:
Yesterday at church it was CRAZY!! I substituted in Primary for the chorister, and I was really excited. I had planned on dropping off the poster that she made IN the primary room before I went to sacrament meeting, but when I opened the door I noticed the room was FILLED with people. Uh...I had forgotten there was a class going on!
Then I went to Sacrament Meeting...poster in hand, and it was just me and Cameron (Steve had just gotten off work and was sleeping.) I found a bench and sat down. While waiting for the meeting to start I waved to a little girl who I have a special spot in my heart for. (Our first week in that ward, she had CLUNG to me in the nursery room. I guess she thought I was her mom, and she didn't want to be alone!) She instantly changed courses! She came over and said, "I want to sit by YOU." I tried to convince her that sitting by her family would be better, but she was NOT easily persuaded! Her mom came in and had that look on her face that said, "Where is my daughter!?" I showed her where she was, and she asked if it was okay if she sat by me. I said that was fine, and Becca was INSTANTLY attached to me. For the rest of the meeting I was distracted by her laying on me, her fighting with Cam, or her playing dead across the WHOLE bench! Yeah, it was fun! But when her dad got up to bear his testimony, she decided that she could sit with her family again! She's so funny!
Then in Primary, the kids were WILD!! I got a chance to talk to my friend who is moving. I'm really going to miss her! I did singing time, and then I went up to the nursery. I guess there was a sign on my forehead that said, "Today is the day for sitting ON or BY me." As soon as I went into nursery the kids attacked!! I was given the biggest group hug I think I've ever had!! I began by singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" and I try to do an action for them...keeping them entertained. Instead of jumping out of their chairs, I make them make "sunbeams" with their hands, and while I was singing and doing the action one little girl came up just a little TOO close. I nicked her chin...causing blood! Uh, yes, I'm the one who abuses sweet innocent nursery kids. She wasn't fazed by it, but by the end of singing time, I was mauled by 5 kids at ONCE!
The funny thing about this WHOLE experience?? I loved EVERY MINUTE of it! I was completely in my element. I really MISS Sunday primary! I hope that SOMEDAY I will feel the same way about my scouts! Someday....

7 comments:

Sketchy said...

I miss my scouts...we should trade...

PS: Scouts is a Primary calling, but yeah I know what you mean!

Suzanne said...

How sweet that the kids come right to you and maul you. They must love you so much! :)

nikko said...

I also subbed for the chorister yesterday. It was fun. Junior primary was loud, loud, loud!

Good luck with your appointments with Cameron.

Lisa M. said...

I'm sorry about your reservation.

GOod luck convincing them to share the scan, I have been able to do that once or twice. It is SO helpful when they are nice!

I hope your appointment goes well!

keep us up to date!

(I'm linkin ya up. Sorry I haven't done it before now!)

Anonymous said...

Awww...cute! I bet you do really miss the primary. And it sounds like they miss you too!
Good luck with the scan. I hope that Cam does well. And I hope that everything turns out to look healthy for him!

Anonymous said...

Well, I know that primary misses you! It was fun to see you in there again. I LOVED the chinese. HILARIOUS!!! Good luck to you with the MRI.

Anne/kq said...

You do an actual Singing Time in the nursery? Wow! In our nursery they just play a CD and sing along and do some hand motions, the PC doesn't come by!