Friday, February 23, 2007

Answering Questions

I didn't realize how many fun and serious questions I would get when I posted that last post.
I DID answer the questions on the other post, but I just feel like doing it here...in a more ORGANIZED fashion! (Have I ever mentioned my OCD capabilities!?) (OH, and I want to thank Cat for letting me steal that idea from her!! THANKS! *pets kitty*)

Carrie said...
Here's a question for you.... would you PLEASE wander through your very strange childhood memory of being locked in the outhouse while on a camping trip? I need a good laugh.
Carrie: Maybe one day I'll have unrepressed those memories. I try REALLY hard NOT to remember those 2 LONG hours. Maybe tomorrow's post!

(AND since today is yesterday's tomorrow...)
Many moons ago I went camping with my family and some family friends. There was one boy in the other family, Joe, that I always felt humiliated by. He was like MY older brother: teasing constantly, knowing just how to push my buttons...you get the idea. Anyway, Joe was wandering around camp one time, and he was just being his normal self, not doing anything out of the ordinary, but I was worried he'd spot me and begin to tease me. So I hurried into the outhouse. It was in the middle of the campground, and kind of far from where we had camped. I went in, and peeked through the windows (which were WAY high above the hole) to make sure he was gone. After he had left, and I had used the facilities, I tried to leave the smelly outhouse. The door was STUCK!! I pushed, I pulled and eventually, I laid down on the floor to sniff the fresh air coming through the crack under the door. I stayed in that stinkin' outhouse for TWO hours!! TWO HOURS!! I had tried screaming, crying and tried opening the door on my own, but nothing worked.
Finally, I noticed my dad walking around and I screamed for him to help me. He came over and opened the door for me! He asked me what happened and I told him. He began laughing, and said, "Well, sh**!" Then he laughed even harder!!
To this day I hurry in and out of outhouses as fast as I can! And I check the doors ALWAYS before I close them!!

Rachelle said...
Oooh, a question. Hmmm, who is your hero and why?

Rachelle: My hero is my mom. (Yeah, cliche, I know...) She's shown me the kind of woman I someday hope to become. She's just amazing to me in her strength, love, and testimony...I want to be just like her! (And because I can, here's a recent picture of my mom on her cruise with my Gramma Sue and her sister Pat! Aren't they too cute!?)



Thoroughly Mormon Millie said...
Ooooh, I love the pretty yellow. My question is: What's your favorite recipe?

Millie: I HATE cooking...almost with a passion!! BUT...I do have a scrumptious yummy recipe that I have to make...Can't Leave 'Em Alone Bars. The best thing about this recipe is, that it's EASY!! It's a white cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, and 2 eggs. Mixed until combined...squish 3/4 of mix into greased 13x9 inch pan. Set remainder for later. Melt together 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cube butter. Pour melty concoction over crust, then crumble remainder over chocolate. Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes...cut and cool before eating. YUMMO!! (And so addicting!)

Kristine said...
Ok...What is your favorite decoration in your home and why?

Kristine: My favorite home decoration is my new Willow Tree thingy my husband bought me for V-day...very cute! :)

One Scrappy Gal said...
Do you ever get that...not so fresh feeling?

Scrappy #1: Yes...often! *EW!*

jen said...
Are potato flakes actual dried potato or potatoey tasting chemicals?

Jen: Being a native Idahoan (yes, that's what we're REALLY called!) I know that potato flakes, while not NEARLY as yummy as REAL potatoes, are actually dried potatoes! Now you know! ;) (And I do really know, because my aunt works currently for a flaking factory, and dh USED to work for a flaking place! Just driving past those places makes your nose curl...they really REEK!)

One Scrappy Gal said...
Are flintstone chewable vitamins OK for adults to eat?

Scrappy #2: From what the package says, yes, but do you really want to announce, "HEY, I'm going to take my Flintstone's right now!!" ?? *snickering*

FrogLegs said...
More fun if you answered everything, LOL! ;) j/k.

Are you considering adoption? Do you have a time limit to try for baby #2, or will you just say #1 is enough if #2 doesn't come naturally?
Froggy: We have been considering adoption on and off for a few years now. We actually ALMOST adopted in 2005, but the birth parents decided to give the baby to someone that neither one of them knew (birth dad was my cousin.) So while we were *THINKING* about adopting, we got pregnant! Yeah, but then I miscarried, and the baby that we had felt sure was ours (thru much prayer and many positive confirmations...) ended up being born at 26 weeks and lived for a few hours and then died.
I haven't really set a time limit for trying for #2. I've just always thought, hoped, prayed that baby #2 will come to us before I turn 30, but seeing how I've had SUCH a hard time...I've decided that I will NEVER (and I do mean NEVER) stop trying. As long as I have my own uterus and ovaries, I'll not ever prevent a pregnancy...as long as I can. So if #2 decides not to come to us naturally, then I guess adoption is our only other route.
I've tried for as long as we've been trying to have another baby to convince myself that one child is enough, but my heart, spirit, and my WHOLE soul knows that I cannot be satisfied with one child.
There's so much more I want to say, but I think that I'll just make it TOO long...so I hope that answers that question! :)

Anne/kq said...
You know that one thing that you're always wondering, "If I'd done this, would my life have been any different?" Three part question: What is it? If you could go back and change it, would you? Why or why not?
(Feel free not to answer that, I know it's REALLY personal.) Anne: There's SO many different things. The one that comes to my mind is if I had never switched from Ricks College to ISU. I went to Ricks for ONE semester, and I hated it!! Many of my friends were going to school there and seemed to love it, but I just did not. It could be that I was constantly commuting, that I just didn't feel like GOING to school, or some other reason, but I was NOT happy there. So after that semester I started my paperwork for going to ISU. And I had decided to LIVE there, not just go to school there. So I packed up and moved to Pocatello. While living there I ended up meeting Steve. I KNOW, beyond anything that if I hadn't LIVED in the dorms, when I did I would NOT have met him. So if I could go back and change that decision, would I? Nope. It was hard and put me severely in debt, but I would not have met Steve. I probably would have gone on a mission, and if ALL of this had happened, I would not have my son. There's SO many things that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't done that one thing.

One Scrappy Gal said...
I was the same Scrappy for both questions. I was just bored. :) Another question... if you were stranded on some remote island...what would be the ONE item you would want to take with you?
Last question - are you keyser soze?

Scrappy #3: LOL!! I know...but when I was answering the questions in the comments portion...I had to do something to keep your questions separate!! :D Now to answer your question: If I were stranded on a remote island?? Uh...a plane! *GIGGLING* Okay, for real? Probably a pocket knife...one of those with all the cool gadgets that poke out of it...And for your FINAL question...keyser soze?? Uh, sure! :D


If anyone still wants to ask me questions, feel free (Ask on the previous post, and I'll transfer it to this post...OCD!)...I'll keep this "Free Question" thing going through this weekend, then I may not feel like answering any more! :P

3 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

I was the same Scrappy for both questions. I was just bored. :)

Another question... if you were stranded on some remote island...what would be the ONE item you would want to take with you?

Last question - are you keyser soze?

Anonymous said...

this is a fun post...and I totally love that you divulged the outhouse story for all internetdom to read! Carrie never ever forgets anything! Especially if it was really really embarrassing!
I don't know what a keyser Soze is either!
Maybe tomorrow I will think of a good question for you!

One Scrappy Gal said...

RE the outhouse story...

LOL...you poor thing! :)